accurate or Avet what do you like and why?

PENN

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
Have 16+ avets,many problems the last couple years as they have gotten bigger and not the best customer service.Switched a couple years ago and anytime there's a problem I've had the same service from accurate I had from avet when they first came on the market.

That being said,"ACCURATE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
  • Jul 6, 2004
    el cajon
    Name
    chad
    Boat
    26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
    I have 2 avets 1 accurate ......would take an accurate any day over avet

Upvote 0

m_mcgourty

Handsome Devil
    Oct 4, 2010
    Pahrump/NV/USA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    14'Gregor and XFactor
    All the tackle store owners I've talked to say Accurate is by far the best reel on the market. Not necessarily the best buy. I'm a cheap bastard myself thats why I'm driving my Penn's into the ground, once they go, I plan to replace them with Accurates.

Upvote 0

prater

Almost A Member
    Oct 16, 2007
    lake havasu city, AZ
    Name
    michael
    Boat
    luhrs 30 open, "Arms Wide Open"
    COMPLETELY different reels and ridiculous to compare, as they are not in the same niche. No reel, to my knowledge, does what Avet does FOR THE SAME PRICE. No reel does what Accurate does (period), at their MUCH higher price. Avet's are Corvettes, Accurates are Ferrari's. Unfair to compare otherwise. Both are excellent for their intended market. To disclose fully, I own several Penn Internationals, Shimano's, and Avets. Love all three. Would LOVE to own an Accurate, just can't get myself to pull the trigger (due to cost), as I've never had a problem with the much less expensive, yet still deadly, Avets. Just my opinion. Thanks, Mike

Upvote 0
    S

South Bend

Had a few Avets, but never really liked them that much. Nothing I can really pin point, but just didn't like the feel of them. That being said, I've bought nothing but Accurates over the last couple of years. Really happy with the dependability of the reels. But like like someone said earlier, they're really two different class of reels.

Upvote 0

hotrail20

Skiff Life
    May 28, 2006
    Chino,Ca
    Name
    Leonard
    Boat
    Mine
    Accuates hands down you cant even put an Avet in this category I was at Accurate yesterday and service was Great so who ever compares there service to Avet does not know what they are talking about.

Upvote 0

raynman

Aug 5, 2006
    oc
    Name
    ray
    Boat
    still looking
    If you don't already know, you will never know.
    If you have to ask how much? You can't afford it.

Not you personally, but I thought this would drive the point home.
    Accurate period! No other reels come close, atleast for now.

Upvote 0

Frantissimo

Almost A Member
    Jun 23, 2010
    Montebello, CA
    Name
    Gilbert Medina
    Boat
    Boatless
    i like avets becasue of the price :) i would buy accurate in a heartbeat if i had the cash but avet gets the job done and if you know how to work on the reels then you dont even need their service!

Upvote 0