Ksurg

Jul 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Name
KB
Boat
Outer Limits
1623021217149.jpeg
Was thinking about something like this. Have had a soft bag for years but need something new. This might also work better for a PV trip if checked(😳).
I’ve done a lot of scuba travel and am a fan of pelican cases at least for photo gear.

Upvote 0

Let em eat 74

Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
Why do all you guys think narrow spools cast better?? Every single long cast reel (for competition or otherwise) is wider so the spool speed doesn’t change as much as line goes out on the cast. Educate yourselves a bit and stop giving shit advice.

Reactions: Hkrob
Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
ATD

Upvote 0
May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat
Fun Ones
just think of the 15t as a narrow visx 12.
It will cast better with the lighter spool.
Sick reels
Yeah but the 12 has more capacity for 80lb… it’s like why would I limit the size of fish I can land. But at the same time a narrow reel just the right size for 60lb jigging. It’s two different avenues and I’m confused on what I want.

Upvote 0

Ksurg

Jul 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Name
KB
Boat
Outer Limits
Why do all you guys think narrow spools cast better?? Every single long cast reel (for competition or otherwise) is wider so the spool speed doesn’t change as much as line goes out on the cast. Educate yourselves a bit and stop giving shit advice.
I always thought the issue was more about cranking. Less wobble, especially now that most don’t use gimbals.

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y
Upvote 0

F.I.S.H.Y

Fishermen.
  • Sep 27, 2019
    San Diego CA
    Name
    Erick
    Boat
    None
    Yeah but the 12 has more capacity for 80lb… it’s like why would I limit the size of fish I can land. But at the same time a narrow reel just the right size for 60lb jigging. It’s two different avenues and I’m confused on what I want.
    The 15t casts so well i could even throw poppers and stick baits like 60yrds. Its like a Torque 30 on steroids. The question you should ask yourself is do you want a reel with good castability for 60lb bait, jigging and casting applications or the VISX for heavy bait and flat falls. some guys have got 500yrds of 80lb prospec on their 15T.
    the amount of drag the 15t gets is crazy, and the drag curve is perfect. One of my favorite reels.
    Who said anything about the reel casting better because it's narrower?? I said the spool is lighter.

Upvote 0