PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
For those of you East Coast folks that want to see it in person, Tackle Direct has the TX-300X and TX-400X in stock right now!

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
The TX-500X is starting to get built! The first one casted a Tady 45 (dry and in the parking lot) 91 yards when filled with 50# TUF-LINE XP! Check it out below:
44045337_2421911097835939_2253551451672412160_n.jpg
IMG_9285.jpeg

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Does this mean they are still weeks away or they’ll be shipping ASAP?
They are not shipping yet. Because we make them all and don't buy them from an outside factory, they can take a while to build! Right now we are focused on fulfilling the 300X and 400X orders.

Upvote 0

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
Lafayette
Name
Simon
Boat
1987 Boston 15CC
They are not shipping yet. Because we make them all and don't buy them from an outside factory, they can take a while to build! Right now we are focused on fulfilling the 300X and 400X orders.

Can you please send some lefty 400X to J&H? That would he awesome .

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
Went and handled a 400 Tern today....I was disappointed. Gears sounded noisy and the lever to disangage/engage was rough....

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Went and handled a 400 Tern today....I was disappointed. Gears sounded noisy and the lever to disangage/engage was rough....
I am sorry you did not feel the Tern lived up to your expectations.

As for the gears, we do not use any brass gears, we use stainless steel, so just like the rest of our reels, you could feel or hear some gear noise, but that is the nature of stainless steel. It is a little louder, but much, much stronger. We could make slightly smoother gears using brass, but they would not hold up long term, and we strive to manufacture the highest quality reels we can at Accurate. As for the lever, we have a video explaining our slightly different way of setting up the lever than most start drag reels.

Would you mind mending me a PM letting me know what store you handled this specific Tern at? Thanks!

Upvote 0

bob1825

• Apr 11, 2007
    San Fernando Valley
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Anyone the fits my schedule
    I was able to get 320 yards of 65# Pro Spec on my Tern 400X. Plan to use it quite a bit on my 10 day leaving Saturday on the Indy.

Upvote 0

Fishdood

Fishgistics
    Sep 30, 2012
    San Marcos, CA
    www.facebook.com
    Name
    Austin
    Boat
    The lever release on my 400x is definitely different. Just playing around with it a few times it didn’t really want to go into freespool. I’m hoping this was just a glitch and it won’t be an issue once I start using it. It doesn’t “feel” smooth though that’s for sure.

Upvote 0

swami 805

Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    I've put stainless gears in several reels and they feel rough at first, they'll smooth out once they're broken in. Small price to pay for the added durability of stainless,some shit may break but it won't be the gears.

Upvote 0

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
    NJ
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    Xxxxxxxx
    I've put stainless gears in several reels and they feel rough at first, they'll smooth out once they're broken in. Small price to pay for the added durability of stainless,some shit may break but it won't be the gears.

Exactly. Besides the freespool, all of my accurates out of the box may be a little stiff in certain parts. But after use they smooth out quite nicely. Just fish it and love it!

Upvote 0

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    The lever release on my 400x is definitely different. Just playing around with it a few times it didn’t really want to go into freespool. I’m hoping this was just a glitch and it won’t be an issue once I start using it. It doesn’t “feel” smooth though that’s for sure.

Ok, it's not just me. I noticed too that when I did re-engage the reel as I started to turn the handle it only went halfway into gear. After about 4 turns it clicked and finally went fully into gear.

And a question for Pezgallo: is there any type of protective finish on these? It was hard to tell. It just looked like raw aluminum.

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 2, 2014
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    Ok, it's not just me. I noticed too that when I did re-engage the reel as I started to turn the handle it only went halfway into gear. After about 4 turns it clicked and finally went fully into gear.

And a question for Pezgallo: is there any type of protective finish on these? It was hard to tell. It just looked like raw aluminum.
    The lever is definitely different, and does take a little getting used to as a result, but is definitely worth it when you need to slam into gear when you get bit!

As for the finish, it is polished and anodized just like the rest of our reels.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Pezgallo..thanks for the response. I don't own any Accurate reels so forgive my ignorance. It was just a weird thing with the gears meshing after flipping the lever. I would turn the handle a few times and the spool would turn but on felt about 50% engaged. After a few turns it would positively "click" and lock into the gears...weird.

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 2, 2014
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    Pezgallo..thanks for the response. I don't own any Accurate reels so forgive my ignorance. It was just a weird thing with the gears meshing after flipping the lever. I would turn the handle a few times and the spool would turn but on felt about 50% engaged. After a few turns it would positively "click" and lock into the gears...weird.
    Not a problem! Not everyone machines their reels from solid billet aircraft grade aluminum and anodizes them in house, so our reels do have a unique finish to them! As for the Tern issue, that is very odd. Our SoCal rep Ryan is on his way right now to Pacific Coast Bait and Tackle to check out that reel.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

May 18, 2009
    Ramona, Ca.
    Name
    Alin Williams
    Boat
    none
    Cool...thanks for the response. I'd be interested if he experiences the same issue. I was ready to buy that reel on the spot but that tuned me away. Thinking maybe it was first generation bugs. If its mearly an isolated incident Id probably throw down for a 500.

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
    Advertiser
    Jul 2, 2014
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    Cool...thanks for the response. I'd be interested if he experiences the same issue. I was ready to buy that reel on the spot but that tuned me away. Thinking maybe it was first generation bugs. If its mearly an isolated incident Id probably throw down for a 500.
    It is definitely is not functioning correctly if you experienced that, so we will have to get a new one in your hands at some point to check out! The 500's are in the works!

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
    Sep 22, 2016
    City of Angels
    Name
    Rexor
    Boat
    "CATTLE BOAT"
    No words on this issues yet? Could it be a “first generation bug”? I’m more inclined now to cancel my pre order with J&H as they are a month way beyond their arrival committment anyway plus these bugs...maybe il just wait for another season after considerable user reviews esp on this “new lever engage-disengage” thingy...

Upvote 0

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
    Lafayette
    Name
    Simon
    Boat
    1987 Boston 15CC
    No words on this issues yet? Could it be a “first generation bug”? I’m more inclined now to cancel my pre order with J&H as they are a month way beyond their arrival committment anyway plus these bugs...maybe il just wait for another season after considerable user reviews esp on this “new lever engage-disengage” thingy...

I have mine on preorder with J&H too and feel the same.

Reactions: FlatPack
    Upvote 0