Accurate Announces the Tern, the first TwinStarDrag reel

Discussion in 'Accurate Fishing Reels Support Forum' started by PezGallo21, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Cetus15.3

Cetus15.3 Newbie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    1987 Boston 15CC
    Updates on lefties please.

2. PezGallo21

PezGallo21 Social Media and Customer Service Advertiser

Name:
    Will @ Accurate Fishing Products
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    We have started manufacturing the lefties. The parts are being built, they should start assembling new week, and should start to head out of the factory by the end of the month!

Cetus15.3 likes this.
  3. PezGallo21

Name:
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    No updates on the black 500X reels. They are not a stock color so they are a special order. We have shipped many 300 and 400 black reels, and the 500 size shouldn't be too far behind!

birdie800 likes this.
  4. birdie800

birdie800 Newbie

Name:
    Chay
    Boat:
    N/A
    Thanks for the update! Any timeframe for the black 500's ? This month? February? March?

5. PezGallo21

Name:
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    I do not have any specific timeframe for you to be honest, but it shouldn't be too long before they start rolling out the door.

6. Grunts N Grits

Grunts N Grits Newbie

Name:
    Salty Cracker
    Boat:
    Seldom it seems nowadays
    :nopity:.................:deadhorse.................:D:D:D:D:D

Cetus15.3 likes this.
  7. Composite

Composite Member

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    None
    Is there any plastic inside the Tern?

8. Corroded

Corroded Newbie

Name:
    -
    Boat:
    -
    No. Their website has pictures of the "guts" as well as the schematics. I decided not to get one because it only has one anti reverse bearing.

Composite likes this.
  9. PezGallo21

Name:
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    I come with good news! Black TX-500X reels (TX-500X-B) have started shipping to J&H!

ghetto_dad, rexor_rn and kayakbeast33 like this.
  10. Cetus15.3

Cetus15.3 Newbie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    1987 Boston 15CC
    It's almost end of the month. I have 2 lefties on order from J&H since summer. Are those almost ready to ship? What's the ETA on those?

11. Fins in the Bin

Fins in the Bin Member

Name:
    used to fish
    Boat:
    50 Silverton
    REVIEW
    I bought the tern the fist weekit was available in SD from the tackle shop at Seaforth and the Tern was my first Accurate reel ever purchased.(Daiwa Shimano, Avet guy) I put the Tern 400 on a 93H to use as my medium jigstick with #65 braid backing and 100' of 35# mono to start. Out of the box it was casting very nicely with the spool tension knob performing as it should and very good distance for me.
    I took it on a couple of late season tuna trips and threw iron at those small YFT and Skippies but they never let me feel the fight on it as they were keyed in on bait, so no report on the feel of the drag for you guys. Since this was used as my jig stick reel it always stayed on the bow of my boat in a holder and unfortunately that is an area that gets some spray when heading uphill at the end of the day as we all know.
    After the second trip I was putting my gear away and noticed that there was a greenish yellow ooze coming out of the side plates where the spool intersects and after cutting my jig off as I reeled in the line it really started really coming out. I spun the handle and thought this isn't good, but I'll put some of that on me, its a lot to ask of a reel to get sprayed with saltwater but maybe this is even debatable when we see what happens to your reels at the end of a day on overnight party boats with that hose? And by debatable I mean without hate, just knowledgeable input that may enlighten both parties.
    That saltwater shower caused the spool tensioning knob to go from locked to wide open freespool only, so changing jig weights was only controllable with the thumb which is OK, but heck its brand new lets just get it cleaned out and back to the out of the box feel right?
    I Originally took the reel to Squidco and let them know that I wanted to pay them to service it as it was mostly my fault for putting it through the ringer but they said they don't work on those reels you have to send it to Accurate. OK I went on Accurates website and they didn't have the Tern listed as an option to fill out their pre-maintenance form so I sent an email asking for help on how to get my reel sent in for service?.......that was about a month ago with no response. At this point I figure if and when I do get someone to assist me I probably wont see the reel until after the summer so I'll find someone locally to pay and......this will probably be the last Accurate I purchase even if it was pretty nice out of the box. My Avet went back on the 93H and she's launching jigs like she was supposed to.

rexor_rn likes this.
  12. PezGallo21

Name:
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    I am sorry you are having issues with your Tern. I sent you a message and I will get you taken care of.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019 at 10:31 AM
  13. carnage007

carnage007 Member

Name:
    nick
    Boat:
    to poor
    Hopefully it is enough to meet the demand/"pre" orders.

14. I hate seals

I hate seals Advertiser Advertiser

Name:
    Bryan Z
    Boat:
    36' Hatteras
    Happy to report, the Tern 500 did very well on this fancy Yellowfin tuna on the way to Cabo last week. Fish was around the #65 mark.

Cabo Door Prize 2019 049.JPG

kayakbeast33 and PezGallo21 like this.
  15. Cetus15.3

Cetus15.3 Newbie

Name:
    Simon
    Boat:
    1987 Boston 15CC
    I like how @PezGallo21 responds to complaints within minutes and "likes" positive reviews on this thread right away, but fails to answer questions their customer asks. Is it because I have not received my reels yet? Or you just dont want to respond because you dont have a positive answer? Either way, it is just poor customer service. Not to mention the huge delay in manufacturing these reels. It would have been very nice of Accurate to mention that the left handed reels are the very last reels to be manufactured so I wouldn't have wasted so much time. I'm about to miss another fishing derby this Saturday without the reel I bought it for. Just disappointed.

rexor_rn likes this.
  16. PezGallo21

Name:
    Boat:
    Golden Domer 21' Angler
    Hi Simon,

I did not have an update for you yet, but I do now. The first left handed Tern reels are starting to come off the machines! It is anticipated they will start shipping at the end of the month. IMG_9884.jpeg

kayakbeast33 likes this.