Axanthicsurf

Jan 30, 2017
Las Vegas,Nv
Name
Ben Villa
Boat
None
Hi Ben,

The spool on the Tern is very lightweight, and a result, can appear to have "worse" free spool with no line on the reel. There is not a lot of weight to keep momentum once the spool starts spinning. Once you line it up and start casting, you should notice superior free spool performance. If you have any questions or want me to go into more detail, please shoot me a message and I would be happy to help more.

Thanks, makes sense. All other “issues” was answered on previous post, thanks for the quick reply!

Reactions: carnage007
Upvote 0

carnage007

May 9, 2004
Encino
Name
nick
Boat
to poor
I took the 400x out for some practice casting and I could not keep the spool from spinning to fast. I am still messing with the settings but could not get consistent casts without backlashes or tons of thump pressure.

Upvote 0

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
Lafayette
Name
Simon
Boat
1987 Boston 15CC
Hi Cetus,

I apologize for missing your previous posts. We have not shipped any lefties yet. We have been totally overwhelmed by orders throughout this process, but have added machinery to help us pump out the Tern reels in less time. The lefties are scheduled next, after we do the low gear models. As a lefty, I am bummed out it has taken us so long, and totally understand your frustration. However, rest assured, these reels will be well worth the wait.

Thank you for the update! These two reels will be the first Accurate products that I've purchased, and heard great things about the customer service for warranty work. I had a chance to handle one at a local tackle shop and I'm pretty impressed with it. I look forward to testing it out when it arrives.

Cetus

Reactions: PezGallo21
Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Are the weights of the terns available now? Specifically the high speed configurations.

Yes, check out the webpage: https://www.accuratefishing.com/tern/

Did you get a chance to check the status???

I checked with our production manager today. We do not have an exact ETA, but are doing our best to get the black 500X reels to J&H in the next few weeks.

I understand everyone's frustration with the delays, but we can only make the reels so fast. We make them individually in our factory in Corona, CA as a result it can take a while! We have been fortunately bombarded with orders and are doing our best to get these out the door! We are actually ahead of our end of year shipping targets, but our actual orders are over double what we expected. If anyone would like to come to the factory for a tour to see how we take the time to make the best reels we can, give us a call, we would love to show you around!

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
It is definitely a nice shop worth a walk through, never got a tour, but I do “accidentally” walk in the wrong door once ...

Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Can anyone confirm the 500 comes with a clamp the will fit a fat butt like a 540 deckhand with cord?

Upvote 0

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
Lafayette
Name
Simon
Boat
1987 Boston 15CC
Yes, check out the webpage: https://www.accuratefishing.com/tern/

I checked with our production manager today. We do not have an exact ETA, but are doing our best to get the black 500X reels to J&H in the next few weeks.

I understand everyone's frustration with the delays, but we can only make the reels so fast. We make them individually in our factory in Corona, CA as a result it can take a while! We have been fortunately bombarded with orders and are doing our best to get these out the door! We are actually ahead of our end of year shipping targets, but our actual orders are over double what we expected. If anyone would like to come to the factory for a tour to see how we take the time to make the best reels we can, give us a call, we would love to show you around!

Are you guys manufacturing the lefties yet?

Upvote 0

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
NJ
Name
Sergio
Boat
Xxxxxxxx
I don't believe any black terns have shipped out yet. Last status update mentioned blacks "in a few weeks"...
Thank you. Seasons over after tonight's trip. Would've never thought I would have to wait till April to put it to use. Lesson learned.

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
Thank you. Seasons over after tonight's trip. Would've never thought I would have to wait till April to put it to use. Lesson learned.
I learned my lesson too and season has ended...christmas season is over....a promise has been broken not only once but several times....sad but unfortunately had to cancel my pre order @ J&H....so if the name of the the game now is just to keep waiting then....il just be happy now to wait instead for the release of the New SEIGLER SGN Star Drag with LIFETIME WARRANTY:

5AA7CF56-88D7-4B88-BB41-E6270BA14338.jpeg

Upvote 0

birdie800

ReelBigFish
Jul 11, 2009
LA County
Name
Chay
Boat
N/A
No updates on the black 500X reels. They are not a stock color so they are a special order. We have shipped many 300 and 400 black reels, and the 500 size shouldn't be too far behind!

Thanks for the update! Any timeframe for the black 500's ? This month? February? March?

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Thanks for the update! Any timeframe for the black 500's ? This month? February? March?
I do not have any specific timeframe for you to be honest, but it shouldn't be too long before they start rolling out the door.

Upvote 0