Accurate Fishing Reels

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat
sunk it
A star drag is a much simpler machine with fewer moving parts so it eliminates a lot of things that can break. 2 speed,twin drags have a ton of parts so there's more stuff that can go wrong. These guys have been doing this for a long time, making these should be cake. Never a bad idea to wait a year or so to see how they hold up though.

Reactions: Intrepid Fan
Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Any estimate on when they'll start to ship based on where they stand in line for the gears ?
They are pretty high up on the list, I would expect them to start leaving in the next 2 weeks. However, I cannot guarantee they will all ship in the next two weeks. Not all of the black reels were ordered at the same time by J&H, so depending on where you are in J&H's line could affect when you get the reel.

Upvote 0

Coconut33

Jan 17, 2018
Redlands
Name
Noah Kokkinias
Boat
Hopes & Dreams
D391ABDD-C3CB-4AE6-9B48-22E49265CC60.jpeg
I still have yet to see a picture of an all black 300, 400, or 500. Does anyone have one to share?

Upvote 0

stank

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Geez, you would think this reel is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think there will be a number of dissapointed people once they start using these reels. As a former owner of many Accurate products they will discover that they need a extraordinary amount of servive.

Sliced bread is not really that great. I would much rather have a new reel.

Upvote 0

Paulo Grandez

Sep 28, 2014
Name
Paulo
Boat
N/A
Geez, you would think this reel is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think there will be a number of dissapointed people once they start using these reels. As a former owner of many Accurate products they will discover that they need a extraordinary amount of servive.
Get over it already! You sound like a broken record.

Upvote 0

stank

May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
You would be one too if you spend hard earned $ on 9 Accurates that had assorted problems.

I bought four Accurates about ten years ago and while I’ve had a few problems over the years but Accurate has always made it right.

I understand you feel you’ve been abused by Accurate and have chosen to stop trading with them, and that’s fine. I was treated poorly by Avet way back and chose to stop trading with them, but I don’t se any benefit in going to an Avet thread and attempting to spoil the fun the guys there are having discussing their products.

Someone asks me, I’ll tell the them.

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
I bought four Accurates about ten years ago and while I’ve had a few problems over the years but Accurate has always made it right.

I understand you feel you’ve been abused by Accurate and have chosen to stop trading with them, and that’s fine. I was treated poorly by Avet way back and chose to stop trading with them, but I don’t se any benefit in going to an Avet thread and attempting to spoil the fun the guys there are having discussing their products.

Someone asks me, I’ll tell the them.

Fair enough

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
I have good news! 4.7:1 gear ratio Terns have started to leave the building as of yesterday! I do not have schedules for specifics orders from specific dealers, but I wanted to let you all know we are starting to ship the low gears!

Reactions: birdie800
Upvote 0

birdie800

ReelBigFish
Jul 11, 2009
LA County
Name
Chay
Boat
N/A
I have good news! 4.7:1 gear ratio Terns have started to leave the building as of yesterday! I do not have schedules for specifics orders from specific dealers, but I wanted to let you all know we are starting to ship the low gears!

Great! Thanks for keeping us updated. Are the high speed black 500's next?

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Great! Thanks for keeping us updated. Are the high speed black 500's next?
All high speed models are shipping now. I am not sure where exactly that specific J&H order is on the list, but they should be shipping very soon. We have not finished shipping all our 6:1 orders yet but with the new gear machine it will be much easier to ship multiple configurations simultaneously.

Upvote 0

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
Lafayette
Name
Simon
Boat
1987 Boston 15CC
All high speed models are shipping now. I am not sure where exactly that specific J&H order is on the list, but they should be shipping very soon. We have not finished shipping all our 6:1 orders yet but with the new gear machine it will be much easier to ship multiple configurations simultaneously.

Hi PezGallo21,

It's great that reels are shipping out to your dealers in different gear ratios now. Think I've asked twice but when are the lefty 400xl going to ship out? I've talked to JH today and they have NEVER received any lefties. What's the purpose of preordering if you don't ship them? I have two on order and one is a Christmas present which was ordered back in the summer months. Are you guys even making any lefties right now? Please update. Thanks.

Cetus

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Hi PezGallo21,

It's great that reels are shipping out to your dealers in different gear ratios now. Think I've asked twice but when are the lefty 400xl going to ship out? I've talked to JH today and they have NEVER received any lefties. What's the purpose of preordering if you don't ship them? I have two on order and one is a Christmas present which was ordered back in the summer months. Are you guys even making any lefties right now? Please update. Thanks.

Cetus
Hi Cetus,

I apologize for missing your previous posts. We have not shipped any lefties yet. We have been totally overwhelmed by orders throughout this process, but have added machinery to help us pump out the Tern reels in less time. The lefties are scheduled next, after we do the low gear models. As a lefty, I am bummed out it has taken us so long, and totally understand your frustration. However, rest assured, these reels will be well worth the wait.

Upvote 0

stank

May 16, 2005
Bangkok
Name
Dave
Boat
None
Perhaps you could sent him a box he can wrap for the one that was intended as a gift?

Upvote 0

birdie800

ReelBigFish
Jul 11, 2009
LA County
Name
Chay
Boat
N/A

Any update on the black 500X shipping status? It's getting less likely that I'll be getting mine in time for Christmas so I may need to settle for the silver...

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
Any update on the black 500X shipping status? It's getting less likely that I'll be getting mine in time for Christmas so I may need to settle for the silver...
I do not have an update, but I can check tomorrow morning!

Is the 400 about the same size as the 870?
The 400 is like the 270, the 500 is like the 870 in terms of size.

Upvote 0

Axanthicsurf

Jan 30, 2017
Las Vegas,Nv
Name
Ben Villa
Boat
None
got my 400x, freespool was very poor compared to my other star drags out of the box. Any tip of how to improve? Been playing w it the whole afternoon, No line yet, won’t even last 10 seconds. It came w reelx.

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
got my 400x, freespool was very poor compared to my other star drags out of the box. Any tip of how to improve? Been playing w it the whole afternoon, No line yet, won’t even last 10 seconds. It came w reelx.
Hi Ben,

The spool on the Tern is very lightweight, and a result, can appear to have "worse" free spool with no line on the reel. There is not a lot of weight to keep momentum once the spool starts spinning. Once you line it up and start casting, you should notice superior free spool performance. If you have any questions or want me to go into more detail, please shoot me a message and I would be happy to help more.

Upvote 0