Accurate Fishing Reels

Cetus15.3

Aug 22, 2018
Lafayette
Name
Simon
Boat
1987 Boston 15CC
Just got off the phone with J&H and was told they haven't received any more reels since the initial shipment of 12. They have not received any lefties yet either, which is what I am waiting for.

Reactions: carnage007
Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
The 500X is starting to ship! J&H was one of the early orders, so they shouldn't be too far away!

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
When are the lefty 400s shipping? Thanks.
The Lefty reels will ship last. The lefty 400X reels will ship before the lefty 400. I do not have an exact timeline for those at this time, but they are in the works.

Upvote 0

hookedup711

Jun 2, 2017
Deerfield Bch
Name
Chris
Boat
46 Hat
The Lefty reels will ship last. The lefty 400X reels will ship before the lefty 400. I do not have an exact timeline for those at this time, but they are in the works.
Any Idea when the 400s low gear will be shipping? I placed my order w J&H in August.. I have a trip mid December and I’d like to know if it will be in my hand by then.

Thanks

Upvote 0

maxpowers

Jul 25, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
someday a 23' Striper
There is a drag washer (19,20) on each side of the main drive gear(24). That is their claim to difference between normal star drags.

It's all on the same key'd shaft(26) though. So, I'm wondering how it really matters. Force is Force of Course. In the Moment, it's still a Moment.

But what do I know. They make lefty so I am still very interested.
It matters in the sense that instead of the drag distributed on 1 side and having the heat concentrated in a small space, having both sides allowed the heat to dissipate better.

Upvote 0

carnage007

May 9, 2004
Encino
Name
nick
Boat
to poor
Picked up a 400x hoping to get to the park for some practice casting. I am still waiting for my 500x. Handled the 500x and it is a very nice size, can't wait to get it loaded up. Not sure if anyone has received an all black version yet

Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
I have good news! We have just installed a new gear cutting machine that will increase the speed that we can crank out new Terns! The time consuming process of cutting gears has been the bottleneck to this point but now we will be able to alleviate a lot of that!

The 4.7:1 Terns will be shipping in the next couple of weeks. We have lots of Terns that are ready to go once they get gears!

Thank you all for your patience!!! We can't wait to get you all fishing these incredible reels.

Attachments

• IMG_9563.mov
    9 MB · Views: 17
Upvote 0

PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
IMG_9560.jpeg

Upvote 0

Intrepid Fan

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Geez, you would think this reel is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think there will be a number of dissapointed people once they start using these reels. As a former owner of many Accurate products they will discover that they need a extraordinary amount of servive.

Upvote 0

I hate seals

Advertiser
Advertiser
Aug 24, 2004
SD
Name
Bryan Z
Boat
36' Hatteras
Geez, you would think this reel is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think there will be a number of dissapointed people once they start using these reels. As a former owner of many Accurate products they will discover that they need a extraordinary amount of servive.
Jumping the gun a little no? I've had a Fury 600 2-speed for 2 seasons and it has not required any more maintenance than any other reel I've ever owned. Oh and by the way, the maintenance is at no cost for 2 years, who else offers that?

Reactions: karlk1125
Upvote 0

Salty Bones

Jan 4, 2017
NJ
Name
Sergio
Boat
Xxxxxxxx
Everyone has their experiences. Having had plenty of accurates over the past several years, I've only sent in one for service. These things are tanks and American made. I understand your sentiment. Besides the shimano ocea jigger 4000P/5000P, I hate shimano. But I won't go into that forum and say that. I don't want to discourage anyone from buying it if that's what they like.I'm happy accurate, shimano, okuma, etc keep on putting new stuff out. Give it a whirl, if it works for you, go slay. If not, put it on ebay!

Upvote 0