PezGallo21

Advertiser
Advertiser
Jul 2, 2014
Name
Will
Boat
Golden Domer 21' Angler
It is finally here. It took a great amount of restraint to not give it away as I watched a lot of people try to, and some successfully, figure out what we are launching at ICAST. In addition to the Valiant rods (https://www.accuratefishing.com/valiant-rods/), we are announcing the Tern!

The Tern is the latest offering from Accurate and is the first star drag reel to feature the new patent pending TwinStarDrag technology. By putting washers on each side of the gear with friction plates, rather than a stack of washers on only one side, anglers will experience an unmatched smooth payout of drag at every click of the ergonomic star that fits perfectly in your hand. This is not just another star drag, this is the first TwinStarDrag.

The Tern comes in 2 gear ratios, 6:1 and 4.7:1, to meet a variety of angling needs. When you have to apply or relieve pressure on the drag, it can be done quickly and efficiently with the ergonomic star. The use of CVX technology allows for an incredibly lightweight, yet strong, frame to take down the toughest game fish, while a lightweight and balanced spool makes for unmatched castability.

Whether it is strength, a smooth drag or castability that you are looking for, the Tern is the ultimate star drag experience.

· First ever TwinDrag® star drag

· CVX design

· Accurate exclusive stainless steel anti-reverse bearing

· Made from 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum

· 17-4 heat treated stainless steel gears and gear shaft

· Billet aluminum power knob

· Made in the USA

While product testing the prototype, I nicknamed it the "Eject button" because this thing throws a jig a mile! Check out the website for all the sizes (300-500) as well as multiple gear ratios!

TX-300: $279.95 MSRP
TX-400: $289.95 MSRP
TX-500: $299.95 MSRP
Enough typing, time for pictures!

https://www.accuratefishing.com/tern/

tern 2.jpg
tern 1.jpg
tern 3.png

tx-300 1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker

Reactions: r8rs4lf
    Upvote 0

r8rs4lf

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jun 17, 2017
    Tree Juan ho
    Name
    Al
    Boat
    Salty AF

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    My Jigmaster was a twin drag star drag reel. A washer under the main gear and a stack inside the gear. Belleville washers? How many? Very interesting. Funny how Avet and Accurate both decided to market a star drag reel at the same time.

Upvote 0

SouthBayKiller

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 27, 2003
    Formerly Long Beach, now Fort Lauderdale area
    Name
    Robert
    Boat
    none
    Will, any idea if the stock clamp will fit a big OD rod like an Ulua? Seems like most all the current jig reel options need a mod or two to be able to work, if this works out of the box then its that much better. I'm waiting until I get on of these in my hands before pulling the trigger on my next jig reel.

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
    May 14, 2009
    San Diego/Tacoma USA
    Name
    Marcel
    Boat
    Limited load cattle car
    Jigslinger's dream true! They don't come around that often but this reel will be a game changer, due in part to the low and high gear ratio options. Thanks again, Team Accurate for putting out amazing products geared towards serious anglers at a competitive price point. Can't wait to get mine. Thanks for the post, Will! GO USA...

Upvote 0