imogene

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 8, 2010
Escondido, Ca
Name
Paul Moritz
Boat
18' Fisher CC
Deadliest catch right here in SD. We always play it up with little injuries when hooping. We pretend we are in the alaskan sea pulling up our lobsters with no swell and 68 degree weather.

Last halibut season my buddy took a 4/0 circle hook down to the bone on his finger. I could not push it through or pull it out. It had gone under tendons and we had to trailer the boat and drive to Palomar, on the first day it opened. We were proud to be the first at the new hospital with a fishing injury. Helping the stats as fishing being the most danverous thing to do in america.

Well done, even if you did pinch your finger in your wifes curling iron.

phingst

Sep 7, 2009
San Diego Ca
Name
Code seven
Boat
Trophy 19ft
Using a sharp drill bit you can hand drill the hole by twisting it with your fingers.

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
Jul 30, 2008
San Diego
cox.net
Name
Rob
Boat
Sea swirl Striper
Thats why I use BBQ Tongs to handle them. Should have just ripped the fingernail off with a pair of pliers like a man :rolleyes:

:rofl::rofl:....BBQ tongs to handle a lobster??? And thats being a man????:rofl: I know your joking but if not, I 'll be using some tongs from now on............:waglleybooty:

Sherm

aka: The Sherminator
May 16, 2006
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Yak
Pair of pliers? A real man would rip that nail off with his teeth or just cut the finger off and get back to work. Hell........you have nine others.

Sep 13, 2008
Tehachapi,Ca.
Name
Robert Lenker
Boat
22 Trophy
next time you smash a finger like that get a pair of cotton gloves. cut the large finger off the glove. gently slide the glove finger over your finger. go to the kitchen cupboard and get the table salt. fill the glove finger full of salt and tape it so it seals the salt in. leave over night and you will be amazed the amount of swelling it will pull out.

4v1df12h1ng

Sensei
Feb 22, 2008
North County
Name
Who
Boat
yes pls
I still say BS w/o pics. as far as we know you pinched your finger between the door and the hinge of your cabin door while underway.. :)

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
next time you smash a finger like that get a pair of cotton gloves. cut the large finger off the glove. gently slide the glove finger over your finger. go to the kitchen cupboard and get the table salt. fill the glove finger full of salt and tape it so it seals the salt in. leave over night and you will be amazed the amount of swelling it will pull out.
or just melt a hole in the nail with a red hot needle......

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
It was all going great, six bugs on the boat and waiting for the next pull when up comes a beast. I grabed it wrong, right between the body and the tail, it closed its tail and pinched the shit out of my finger ouch!!!

I put it on ice right away but it began to swell really bad, the next day I went to the doctor and had to puncture two holes to release the pressure.
Never did I imagine how strong these fuckers are..
I think you got a hole drilled in your man card :D for going to the "ER".

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
LOL No...I'm just saying you need a permit to use those things, because those tongs look like something that is used to rip a baby out of the birth canal. But then again, now that you mention it, yes, I am calling you a pussy for using those tongs to pic up bugs. LOL LOL

PS....I bet you could sell those at the BD booth at the FH show.

desertbonito

Jul 15, 2009
Redlands, CA
Name
Allen
Boat
Triumph 170CC
That is a classic juvenile chupacabra bite, if I've ever seen one. They're mean as hell at that age.

Ultimate Catch

One life to live!!
Jul 30, 2008
San Diego
cox.net
Name
Rob
Boat
Sea swirl Striper

Thats one worth trying but I don't plan on a next time!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1: