Shimano Penn

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Vessel Assist? Sea Tow? What does SD offer and what do you guys recommend? I am getting pretty close to buying now, trying to get my ducks in a row here. Boat will be 20-24' W/A cuddy with single outboard 200-225. I have the $, slip is lined up, I want to be ready to pounce but do not want to run it without some sort of "roadside assistance" plan :) Also have insurance to think about if you have any thoughts on that as well. As always, TIA for your comments.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Vessel Assist? Sea Tow? What does SD offer and what do you guys recommend? I am getting pretty close to buying now, trying to get my ducks in a row here. Boat will be 20-24' W/A cuddy with single outboard 200-225. I have the $, slip is lined up, I want to be ready to pounce but do not want to run it without some sort of "roadside assistance" plan :) Also have insurance to think about if you have any thoughts on that as well. As always, TIA for your comments.
Vessel Assist ................................................ Period

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Vessel Assist ................................................ Period

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Vessel Assist.

Hate to admit that I've used them, but when you buy a (new to you) used boat and doing sea trials, there will be stuff you do not anticipate.

Upvote 0

Tuna Vic

Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
Vessel Assist,been a member 16yrs and have used more than a couple of times,never a problem with them,LB area.

Upvote 0

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Had Sea tow. Two times I called for help. Both times no response.

1st time was 25miles out, water in fuel, took 6hrs to make it back in.

2nd time, fried the stator just off La Jolla. No VHF response.
Had to call the main office on the cell phone to get help.

Go with Vessel Assist!

We have AAA for boat insurance. This summer we had a frigging moron at SI panic, punch the gas and he rammed me into the jetty. $5,000 in damage. Adjuster came out, "boater himself" told me to get estimates and he cut a check within three days of me providing the estimates. Very happy with AAA.

Your mileage may vary Dave... ;-)

Upvote 0

Shimano Penn

Dec 3, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
David
Boat
Fond Memory
Okay so VA for sure and since I already have my vehicles insured with AAA and the feedback is good I'll stick with them for the boat. Thanks all. Now to just find that boat ...

Upvote 0

"all-in"

Oct 5, 2005
Garden Grove
Name
Chris
Boat
24, Angler, All-In
I have used my VA a couple times and couldn't be happier. Make sure and add trailer assist as well. I got towed on a flat bed from SD to OC (98 miles). they cover up to 100 miles. It would have cost me $1000.00 but ended up costing me a tip to the driver.

Upvote 0

talltales

Oct 22, 2004
Ridgecrest Ca
Name
ron
Boat
2359 Trophy
I have Vessel Assist for on the water towing and AAA for my insurance. Never used the AAA but VA has provided help 2 times. Both times they were very good to me.

Upvote 0

Latest posts