Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)

Shot out of the cannon

4-21-2019
American Angler Gang

The guys backed in this morning with limits of 25 - 78# bluefin. Congrats to jackpot winner, Levko Zhuravchak for his 78#er. Check out some of the action from yesterday and thanks everyone for coming out with us!
Still room on 1.5 day trips departing 4/28, 4/30 and 5/3/19. Let's Go

the_tunaman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 28, 2017
Norco
Name
Roger Nelson
Boat
Ranger Z20
Yeah, saw that they were down in the zone also and figured they must have been hammering them... looked like they had one long drift followed by one medium drift parallel to their first position.

Can’t wait for Wednesday to get here!

Dale Fero

Sep 19, 2015
Rsm, ca
Name
Dale Fero
Boat
Excel, RR3
Signed up for a 1-1/2 on May 3! Looking for the bite to last!

cow man

Tuna addict
Aug 29, 2012
Glide Or. 97443
Name
Jake Waardenburg
Boat
N/A

Shot out of the cannon

4-21-2019
American Angler Gang

The guys backed in this morning with limits of 25 - 78# bluefin. Congrats to jackpot winner, Levko Zhuravchak for his 78#er. Check out some of the action from yesterday and thanks everyone for coming out with us!
Still room on 1.5 day trips departing 4/28, 4/30 and 5/3/19. Let's Go
Was down there today Jeff.,
Saw the boys and Lori, they Slaughtered them yesterday!! Jealous!! maybe I’ll get to get out there.. got the wife with me so not holding my breath...

tunacraze

Nov 27, 2006
Santee
Name
Steve Brunton
Boat
The Big Ones
Mexican quota only. Not sure exactly how much they harvested or were allowed to harvest, but I know they were over quotas the last two years. So, the quota was likely lowered this year.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Fish Report for 5-2-2019

Drifting with fish hanging

5-2-2019
Brian Kiyohara

We tied up this morning from a day and half trip out of pt loma Sportfishing. We ended up with 35 good grade bluefin tuna 60-275 lbs. We enjoyed a long drift all afternoon, with multiple fish hooked at all times. Because we had a little smaller bait, 40lb and 2/0 hook was necessary in order to get a bite. This equivocated to many epic battles, with some ending in success and some in heartbreak. At dark we hooked a couple of cows and were fortunate enough to land them both. Charlie had the right tackle which helped him land his 275. Rocco used his skill to land a 233 lber as well. Jadeya who is 12 years old was my personal favorite story, as she single handedly landed a 130 lb fish of a lifetime. We have trips running the next few weeks so please call Pt Loma Sportfishing for more info.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
For those wanting to catch a 100 lb. tuna it may be worth considering booking 3 or 4 back to back 1.5 day trips on a boat like the AA. They are $400 a pop. They have had somewhat spotty luck but fishing multiple trips back to back you are likely to hook up to the right kind.

Maing

Maing
Oct 20, 2017
Washington
Name
Maing
Boat
Me yak fer now
Fish Report for 5-2-2019

Drifting with fish hanging

5-2-2019
Brian Kiyohara

We tied up this morning from a day and half trip out of pt loma Sportfishing. We ended up with 35 good grade bluefin tuna 60-275 lbs. We enjoyed a long drift all afternoon, with multiple fish hooked at all times. Because we had a little smaller bait, 40lb and 2/0 hook was necessary in order to get a bite. This equivocated to many epic battles, with some ending in success and some in heartbreak. At dark we hooked a couple of cows and were fortunate enough to land them both. Charlie had the right tackle which helped him land his 275. Rocco used his skill to land a 233 lber as well. Jadeya who is 12 years old was my personal favorite story, as she single handedly landed a 130 lb fish of a lifetime. We have trips running the next few weeks so please call Pt Loma Sportfishing for more info.

So of the two outa 3 pics shown, I can gues which one is the 130, however who is Rocco and who is Charlie? Which is the 275 and which is the 233? No disrespect just want to know. If I had to guess the last of the pics is the 275? Pics really dont do these great fish any justice!!!! As awesome as it is, seeing the fish in real life is the jaw dropper eye poppin experience!! My 120 on the shogun looked huge on deck! Then I get a pic and it’s just not the same..anyhow great job on the cows!!!!

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
So of the two outa 3 pics shown, I can gues which one is the 130, however who is Rocco and who is Charlie? Which is the 275 and which is the 233? No disrespect just want to know. If I had to guess the last of the pics is the 275? Pics really dont do these great fish any justice!!!! As awesome as it is, seeing the fish in real life is the jaw dropper eye poppin experience!! My 120 on the shogun looked huge on deck! Then I get a pic and it’s just not the same..anyhow great job on the cows!!!!
Rocco is standing with his 233# while Charlie is kneeling with his 275#. Austin, one of the deckhands, is beside him.

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
For those wanting to catch a 100 lb. tuna it may be worth considering booking 3 or 4 back to back 1.5 day trips on a boat like the AA. They are $400 a pop. They have had somewhat spotty luck but fishing multiple trips back to back you are likely to hook up to the right kind.
Sounds like a winner. So............when are WE going?

Whalerboat

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 8, 2009
San Diego
Name
Skippy
Boat
22 Whaler Outrage
I was on this trip. Excellent spring BFT trip. First time on the American Angler. I was extremely impressed with the operation- this is a class act in every way. The Captain and crew are as good as it gets. If you have not ridden this boat, put it on your list. I can’t wait to fish with these guys again.

Fishdood

Fishgistics
Sep 30, 2012
San Marcos, CA
www.facebook.com
Name
Austin
Boat
I was on Sunday night/Monday fishing on the AA and our biggest was 72lb by Ken from Kens Custom Reel caught on a single speed PENN with 25lb Blackwater and a size 2 hook that the fish swallowed! After about a 45min fight Ken landed him! AA operation was first class like any of the other big boats, meals were awesome and crew was good and on it. I went 0-1 on the light 20lb line (our bait was about 3") but it is what it is. Cant wait for next time!