Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)

Fish Report for 5-28-2021​

One for the books
5-28-2021
American Angler
1622225010822.png

25 fish
22 over 100#
2 cows - both 207# - both caught by guys named Justin. What are the odds...
Very good opportunity @ a fish of a lifetime- it's up to you to bring appropriate gear to make it a reality. 80-100# a must.
It was a true pleasure meeting these anglers - now go get a nap before the sushi parties commence
check out Kirk's latest video on Instagram

JTE

Nov 20, 2017
Florida
Name
Jim
Boat
18' Grizzly
Looks like you guys had an AWESOME trip!!

Which good boats out of Sandiego do short trips like this during Nov - Dec? I'm booked on the Independence 11 day which leaves right after Thanksgiving, but my buddy that I will be staying with before and after my trip wants to get out on a weekend trip as he can't get away for longer (he still works, not a lucky retired guy like us).

Thanks, Jim

FishRock
FishRock
I think most local boats are done chasing BFT by the end of November/December.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

bdubs73

Feb 7, 2008
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
none

Which good boats out of Sandiego do short trips like this during Nov - Dec? I'm booked on the Independence 11 day which leaves right after Thanksgiving, but my buddy that I will be staying with before and after my trip wants to get out on a weekend trip as he can't get away for longer (he still works, not a lucky retired guy like us).

Thanks, Jim
If the BFT are active boats will be doing 1.5 day trips still. I had a great trip on the Pac Queen last year December 12th I believe.

Upvote 0

effigy

Jul 18, 2007
Oregon
Name
Mark
Boat
Which one? Too many....

Thanks, Jim

On the weekend before Thanksgiving, from Fisherman's Landing you have:

- the Tomahawk 2.5 day, depart Fri 7 p.m. return Mon 6 a.m.

- the Pacific Dawn 1.5 day, dep. Saturday 9 p.m. - ret. Mon 7 a.m.

Both reputable operations

Reactions: Steve K
Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
Not sure where the PQ is on their 3-day, but freakin' wow! It's still just May? Today's post from them:

"The Pacific Queen called in with 36 Bluefin so far on their 3 day trip. The fish are (8 @ 50lbs) (24 @ 100-180lbs) and (4 @ 200lbs)."

Reactions: Ratshirt and dtf
Upvote 0

snordo

Almost A Member
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy

Thanks, Jim
I was on the Indy for their Thanksgiving trip last Thanksgiving and will be on it again this Thanksgiving. The Royal Polaris was just above us chasing bluefin the the last 2 days of their 8-day trip. They struck out off of Ensenada and moved up the line the next day, to the Cortez, and landed close to 70 in the 2nd week of December. Looking forward to meeting you on the trip!

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
Not sure where the PQ is on their 3-day, but freakin' wow! It's still just May? Today's post from them:

"The Pacific Queen called in with 36 Bluefin so far on their 3 day trip. The fish are (8 @ 50lbs) (24 @ 100-180lbs) and (4 @ 200lbs)."
AA getting them. This is historical fishing

Epic

The PQ has a high land to hook ratio. And this trip there are some bad sticks aboard :Rambo_Throwing_Kniv

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
I'm confused on the AA counts... or just incredibly amazed. If they are doing same-day reporting, and the count isn't additive (since today's is lower than yesterday's) and the boat left Sunday morning, with 12 over 100 that day along with a cow... then they now have a minimum 76 fish over 100 lbs and at least 1 cow on this 3-day! And they aren't due in till tomorrow at 6 a.m.
Holy Bluefin, Batman!

Reactions: mogambosquid
Upvote 0

JTE

Nov 20, 2017
Florida
Name
Jim
Boat
18' Grizzly
Absolutely awesome guidance / reporting / advice you guys are willingly dishing out!! No way I could get this kind of info over here on the Florida coast, even tho I'm a FL native, fished all my life, know alot of people that frequently fish, fish all the time myself, etc etc.

You guys are awesome!

My anticipation and enthusiasm level for these fishing trips is going sky high!

Thanks, (really), Jim

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)

Fish Report for 6-2-2021​

rimg-20210602-41b782b9.jpeg

Another one for the books