slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Decided to run out for one more set last night and use my remaining shrimp bait on the chum bag. Went through 3 packs of herring on dog fish but as I was taking a piss my rod bent over and knew this was not a doggy. The butts are still inside A7! And the shrimping is absolutely insane this year.
8377AE0B-B360-4B13-AE74-CFD1F5E8B29C.jpeg

3F8131DA-1214-4B7D-A5AD-9B26B67DCECF.jpeg

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
Quite the haul.....VERY nice. Looks like there was a nice spawn of shrimp this year. That means WDFW will shut it down on their date and not give us additional quota.

Congrats on a nice day.....

Upvote 0

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Quite the haul.....VERY nice. Looks like there was a nice spawn of shrimp this year. That means WDFW will shut it down on their date and not give us additional quota.

Congrats on a nice day.....
It’s possible, however, there were several days that it was pretty windy out and not many boats went out but that would not make sense to WDFW as that would require more factors into their factoring equation of boats x pots / licenses x days - wind days (.33) = “let’s shut it down, or someone will have to figure out this equation?”

Reactions: fishing fanatic
Upvote 0

slab tech 1

Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
Nice !,, you get that slab on Islander ?
No but I have caught a 65 lber on Islander and got up to the boat and gaffed it and it flipped off gaff back to bottom, knuckle busted pretty good only to reel back up to the boat and have the exact same thing happen! I used a Tanacum. I was taking a piss when it hit and reached over hit the switch and continued pissing lol.

Upvote 0

YellowJet

Almost A Member
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Decided to run out for one more set last night and use my remaining shrimp bait on the chum bag. Went through 3 packs of herring on dog fish but as I was taking a piss my rod bent over and knew this was not a doggy. The butts are still inside A7! And the shrimping is absolutely insane this year.
View attachment 1291507
View attachment 1291508
Very Nice!! Helluva day! Next time you see me filling up say howdy. I always keep an eye on the bridge when I pass. If 8-1 stays open, I’m sure we’ll run into each other this summer. Congrats on that harvest.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
I have caught more fish holding my dick than anyone but you!

Good job!

Reactions: slab tech 1
Upvote 0