sanjuanito

Booyah!
Apr 19, 2014
Friday Harbor
Name
Austin
Boat
Hewescraft Pacific Cruiser 240
Anyone been out there? Any fish still inside?

A7 Lings have been very productive. Shocker. So there is the report and a little eye candy on one I had to put back.

9B2AC5D7-2FB9-459B-B564-34EFE26E8F1F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjam99

Nookie Nabber

Jan 25, 2012
Kitsap, WA
Name
Chris
Boat
Campion
Plucked two 20's from southern A7 today between 1045 and 1100, saw a few others. there was about 80 boats on that bank though so likely more caught.

hiway_99

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 3, 2013
bremerton, wa
Name
cory
Boat
26' northriver offshore "Fishster"
I was solo this morning. Fishing partner had a few to many last night and slept in on me. I got one close to 60 in area 6

Reactions: Gage L

yeagermyster

Jul 6, 2008
Graham, WA
Name
Tyson
Boat
which one is going out
My brother and I only managed one Chicken on Hein. Seemed everyone and their mother was out there but we didn’t see another caught and we were out until 4ish

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
Do you think if they left it open all summer and fall and we would never hit the 77K pound target?

Wild Bill

Remind me again why I own a boat
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
It looks like Hein put out a few fish for some but nothing for us.

Last edited:

FHisherman

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 15, 2011
Anacortes, WA
Name
Kevin
Boat
Parker
Was a productive day yesterday, daughter and I picked up a couple chicken Hali out amongst the parking lot that was on Hein and managed a couple of lings on the way back to the ramp.
View attachment 1148842View attachment 1148843 We are set for fish tacos for a while.
Nice job! Reminded me I need to get back in to see her and get my fangs polished.

Twhite

Feb 9, 2015
Ferndale WA
Name
Todd
Boat
North River Seahawk Offshore 2500
Nice job! Reminded me I need to get back in to see her and get my fangs polished.
They opened the office last week so she is back to work now. Ask her about the skate she caught that worked her over pretty good. We were pretty excited for a bit until it just didn’t act like a halibut and turned into dead weight with a pretty stiff current!

Reactions: FHisherman

Gecko

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 10, 2010
WA
Name
Caleb
I don't pop on here much - been years

Local to area 6 , reports are very very bad. Lots of out of town guys which probably didn't help numbers. Hundreds of boats checked, 30 fish on Sunday....

First two days were much worse, although bad weather. The strait (area 6) has been very slow for the last 4 to 5 years. Tribes get to it the entire month before typically

Cheers all and stay safe!!!

DEEP MAGIK

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 21, 2017
Snohomish, WA
Name
Mike Surdyk
Boat
Grady White 232 Gulfstream
We fished Sunday with the mass of boats. counted 84 boats on Hein, made 4 different drifts around the bank and didn't see a fish caught. started working our way west and stopped at a few spots that looked fishy on the charts. Finally ended up at an area with 2 boats and made 2 drifts and got some really nice fish. called in a few buddies who showed up and did the same.

larry halibut.jpg

halibut.jpg

mike halibut.jpg

Now we just need the Ocean to open up.

DEEP

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
We fished Sunday with the mass of boats. counted 84 boats on Hein, made 4 different drifts around the bank and didn't see a fish caught. started working our way west and stopped at a few spots that looked fishy on the charts. Finally ended up at an area with 2 boats and made 2 drifts and got some really nice fish. called in a few buddies who showed up and did the same.

View attachment 1149273
View attachment 1149274
View attachment 1149275

Now we just need the Ocean to open up.

DEEP
Those are some nice flatties! Nice work!! Those random spots away from the fleet are so rewarding. I can't wait to head out later this week. Had a trip to NB on the books since before things shut down. Guess we'll scratch around in MA7 instread.

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
How much of a zoo is it going to be Thursday? Anybody need to adopt a family member that day?

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
How much of a zoo is it going to be Thursday? Anybody need to adopt a family member that day?
NNNNNNOOOOOO! People need to stay home and work. It's very, very important! Do not look at the weather forecast or the tides. DO. NOT.

I'm sure it'll be awful if you were to venture out. :)

I appreciate that we are now in Phase 2... which allows up to 5 people to be together (on my boat)!

• Haha
Reactions: Grady226

North Hawk

May 27, 2020
Lake Stevens
Name
Viktor Pavenko
Boat
North River Seahawk 22
Hello. Was any one fishing A7 for halibut tuesday or thursday? How was it ? Fished Hein sunday . no luck. Is it worth going Saturday? I am new with salt water fishing and was told that halibut moved out of strait by late may. Thanks in advance.

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Hello. Was any one fishing A7 for halibut tuesday or thursday? How was it ? Fished Hein sunday . no luck. Is it worth going Saturday? I am new with salt water fishing and was told that halibut moved out of strait by late may. Thanks in advance.
only one way to find out!

Reactions: fishing fanatic

ledbed6b

Jun 21, 2010
Shoreline WA
Name
Eli
Boat
Parker 2320
I'll say the highlight of today was when a boat tried to setup right behind me, dropped anchor, then got it all fucked up in their props, well done.

Also shout out to all the dog fish, helped me make some room in my freezer be eating all the bait. I hope they appreciated the acupuncture and chiropractic services I provided in exchange.