Saltwater A10 unicorn

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
Took a buddy out after he helped on a house project. Paid out in full with an A10 unicorn, 36” long and 17.5# cleaned/gilled. So guessing even 20#, this made up for us tossing back some small 5-6-7 #’s on the opener and thus coming home empty handed.

Continuing with the >20# photo rule:
87AFEFF0-D1A3-47F2-8550-B8000740753E.jpeg

SalishFish

Dec 14, 2013
Anacortes - Dewey
Name
Doug
Boat
22 Skagit Orca - Max'inux
Nice fish!!

Was 2001 and I netted a 21# silver. Fishing partners that day wanted to shake off the “king” but I insisted on checking it…. Was a remarkable fish

Upvote 0

Tish

Almost A Member
Jun 27, 2019
Shoreline WA
Name
Grant
Boat
1991 Achilles SGX-122, 1997 Boston Whaler Dauntless 17
The visible top on that downrigger rod holder is in the WORST spot!

great fish. Keep the 20+ pics coming.
Ha, had the exact same "double take" before realizing what I was seeing. That fish is a beaut, nice job and I bet your buddy was amped!

Upvote 0

PHW

Nov 20, 2011
Sammamish/WA/USA
Name
Peter warren
Boat
Lund Pro Sport
I see it does not open until 12 noon those days…well that is lame and I won’t be going. See you at regular spots.

Upvote 0

boguePogie

Jun 15, 2021
Seattle WA
Name
Larry
Boat
Blue 1
I see it does not open until 12 noon those days…well that is lame and I won’t be going. See you at regular spots.
Are you getting that in the regs or in another source? In the regs I'm seeing:
Aug. 6-Aug. 9 (12:00 p.m.)

And interpreting that as "August 6th through August 9th @ 12:00PM". Also not seeing any prohibition on keeping two wilds.... but sincerely curious to here where you're getting your info b/c I've misread the regs before. And may have missed an emergency rule change. School me....

Upvote 0

PHW

Nov 20, 2011
Sammamish/WA/USA
Name
Peter warren
Boat
Lund Pro Sport

And interpreting that as "August 6th through August 9th @ 12:00PM". Also not seeing any prohibition on keeping two wilds.... but sincerely curious to here where you're getting your info b/c I've misread the regs before. And may have missed an emergency rule change. School me....
Sorry, I see where I was not clear—yes 2 Kings clipped or wild. But not good if you fish am is my point. I can’t fish pm hours unfortunately. Back in the day EB was always a great fishery…city in the background,trolling along the piers, etc. Old Seattle that is long gone…if you go I hope you slam them!

Upvote 0

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout

Folks, it's open all day starting August 6th, and then closes at noon on August 9th.

Upvote 0