critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
Should have seen the Duwamish last week. Finally pulled them Friday. Soon to be at your local Costco and supermarket

Upvote 0

boguePogie

Jun 15, 2021
Seattle WA
Name
Larry
Boat
Blue 1
Super slow day for me off Meadow Point this morning -- maybe I forgot to put hooks on my presentations. One takedown in 4.5 hours.

Hope others did better!

Reactions: Session
Upvote 0

A-K

• Jun 14, 2015
    Gig Harbor Washington
    Name
    Aaron
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Hit Jeff’s head this morning. Wasn’t feeling it so moved north.

Got to PNP dropped gear had 2 drive by’s, but they didn’t commit. Then got a nice coho (8 pound estimate) but was wild, kicked it lose.

Then 3 more drive by’s. Then it went dead. I haven’t fished the puget sound for coho since about 2014 so it was nice just getting out there. Typically I just fish out on the coast.

Reactions: koorbloh

KaiChung

Aug 10, 2009
    Newcastle/WA/USA
    Name
    Kai
    Boat
    Boston Whaler Conquest 28.5
    Really windy today but was able to get on the fish.

E7A65036-D26A-4B4E-9B9A-D59B24A41476.jpeg

Upvote 0

firtree

• May 19, 2020
    Shilshole
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Scout Abaco 280
    I need to find a time to get out this week! I was waiting to hear about their movement trends, but it sounds like plenty are still around.

Upvote 0

KaiChung

Aug 10, 2009
    Newcastle/WA/USA
    Name
    Kai
    Boat
    I need to find a time to get out this week! I was waiting to hear about their movement trends, but it sounds like plenty are still around.
    I’m seeing fish everywhere on the fish finder although the bite is definitely slower later in the day when I get to go during the weekdays. Here’s a fish from today.

F123C83A-500B-48EE-BC3B-AB4D9C842DE7.jpeg

Upvote 0

SeattleD

Jan 13, 2017
    Seattle
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Whaler
    Anyone fish this morning? Was 1000 boats south of a9/10 line, must be pent up demand from the weekend. Hooked into 1 bruiser in A9 in a couple hrs of fishing. Lots of bait and marks but was condensed into specific areas, not widespread.

Upvote 0

Kokanee1

May 15, 2014
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    18 Stryker
    Fished west Of Golden Gardens this morning. One nice 28 incher on a turn going fast. Then 3 more to fill limits from 8:15 to 9:15. 65-70 feet down. But the graph was full of fish from 40 to 90 feet. Good luck out there.

Upvote 0

KaiChung

Aug 10, 2009
    Newcastle/WA/USA
    Name
    Kai
    Boat
    Kai.......

Table fare review.....how much better are you enjoying your catch now that you are bleeding them?

Way to get after it!
    Honestly. I haven't really noticed the difference. There's just a little less blood to clean out now. But even before, I didn't notice the blood in the meat. It was all in the area right underneath the backbone. Blasphemy I know!

Upvote 0

SeattleD

Jan 13, 2017
    Seattle
    Name
    Jon
    Boat
    Whaler
    Honestly. I haven't really noticed the difference. There's just a little less blood to clean out now. But even before, I didn't notice the blood in the meat. It was all in the area right underneath the backbone. Blasphemy I know!
    That is the kidney. The the difference is most noticeable with how long frozen fish keeps well.

Reactions: KaiChung
    Upvote 0

boguePogie

Jun 15, 2021
    Seattle WA
    Name
    Larry
    Boat
    Blue 1
    Kai.......

Table fare review.....how much better are you enjoying your catch now that you are bleeding them?

Way to get after it!
    Does anyone here pressure bleed their fish? I'm sure it's overkill, but I've wanted to give it an honest go. I made a half-hearted attempt at it a while ago that only resulted in a lot of water all over my kitchen floor. Thought it would be neat to pressure bleed w/ a [pick your spice] infused brine, see if the meat tastes any different.

Upvote 0

firtree

• May 19, 2020
    Shilshole
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    Scout Abaco 280
    That seems like a lot of work... I have been pretty happy with cutting the gills and letting them flop in the bucket, then cut the "throat" artery when they are calm but still alive.

boguePogie
    boguePogie
    Overkill for sure, but might be a neat way to introduce different flavors to the meat if it does indeed flood the entire vascular system. Not that salmon flavor needs any tweaking.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

PHW

Nov 20, 2011
    Sammamish/WA/USA
    Name
    Peter warren
    Boat
    Lund Pro Sport
    You’ll get more hookups sticking getting that rod handle over more…get the rod tip as close the water as possible. You have way less slack as more tension on the bite—it works. You can reel down while still in holder if you like and then take it out. 👍

Reactions: DGwo
    D
    DGwo
    Are you recommending I adjust the rod holder angle to be more parallel to the surface of the water?
    Reactions: PHW
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0