Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Saw a greatwhite eat a seal off one of the tanker bouys off el segundo like 30 years ago , he slid right up the side of the bouy grabbed the seal and slid right back in the water with it
My friend Kenny on the Early Bird out of DP saw that same thing on the #2 Red Buoy off the point.

Reactions: gonzo25
Upvote 0

mrkrabs

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 3, 2009
Santee/ca/usa
Name
Marty
Boat
Lard ass
:D :Rambo_Throwing_Kniv

5b75f397dbf3f_image.jpg

Upvote 0

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
Some years back We hooked a mako on a small bonita fought it for a while and had to raise the engine cause he wrapped the line around it. Finally he came unbuttoned and swam over to the raised engine and bit it. A national Geographic moment.

Upvote 0

frazier

Dec 25, 2012
frazierpark ca usa
Name
gordon grant
Boat
30' seaway ( sold ) 22' privateer
Some years back We hooked a mako on a small bonita fought it for a while and had to raise the engine cause he wrapped the line around it. Finally he came unbuttoned and swam over to the raised engine and bit it. A national Geographic moment.
Yes thats happened to us quite a few times while out shark fishing , the boat starts shakin and theres a big mako choppin down on the outboard motor , some thing about the metal and electrolisis , for years there was a pic my friend Jerry Teison took of a 20 foot great white shark choppin down on his friends boats trim tabs hanging in a shop on the redondo pier and in the pic it shows all the guys trying to push the shark away with gaff handles

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
This is just TOTALLY Amazing. These people seeing sharks. And in the OCEAN no less. Just amazing . . . . . . . .
Amazing......Yes with the Lawlessness and Corruption in the Shark Fining regulations on the South China Sea and the other Shark Body Part countries being ignored your post rings true it’s Amazing to see any sharks.The Bad actors finned all there sharks so now the largest of the SCS country's are sneaking into the World Heritage Sites and plundering the poor country's resources and they take most anything that lives under the water but just the fins of the sharks. So it's always fun and amazing to any see sharks at all these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
When I was a kid we could count as many 40-50 Blue Sharks on the way to Catalina and back every trip....now you’re lucky to see just one. Things are cyclical l agree maybe the Blue Sharks are hanging with the Albacore. My very first trip working on a Polaris boat I lost a very nice bow gaff trying to scare a 200 pounder away all this with Captain Bill Poole staring down at me from the overhead....he never said a word about it....God test his Soul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Sounds like a white, moral of the story is have your camera ready at all times, fresh batteries--turned ON. It's no time to be farting around for the camera, turning it on--finding it dead--my kind of shit for sure.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    To all marine biology experts out there , save it . I know they are not considered indigenous to these waters .Cookie cutters that is .

they are seeing more gw than ever before thanks to all the seal loving assholes... probably see more of every kind since there is plenty for them to eat.

Reactions: Capt Devo
    Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
  • Nov 20, 2008
    san diego calif. usa
    Name
    george
    Boat
    18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
    Sounds like a white, moral of the story is have your camera ready at all times, fresh batteries--turned ON. It's no time to be farting around for the camera, turning it on--finding it dead--my kind of shit for sure.

We were getting ready to leave when we saw this guy and I had just taken my helmet cam off and put it away. typical.

I keep getting asked if I was scared... not at all, I have seen plenty of sharks out there, close to the boat too it was no big deal.... when the scary shit happened, it happened so fast there was no time to be scared, then I was just amazed at how fast and agile that big fucker was. I don't know if that is how Mike felt, I haven't seen him since that day, maybe he's afraid I am going to ask him to go again. lol

Upvote 0

Sand Patroller

Almost A Member
    Jun 26, 2018
    San Diego
    Name
    West
    Boat
    2020 World Cat “Knot Reel”
    Cool. Have not seen a shark this year offshore (thought this was odd). Have seen a lot in past years. Saw a cool floating dead seal Friday in Coronado canyon. No sharks on it? Hoping these tuna start to bite soon. Tired of waiting!

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    they are seeing more gw than ever before thanks to all the seal loving assholes... probably see more of every kind since there is plenty for them to eat.

I wonder if is illegal to blast a dead bloated old Seal Lion carcass......just so it sinks before it washes up on the nearest beach?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0