Saltwater A solid day in area 9

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
Uncle jack, my girlfriend and i fished area 9 yesterday and stuck 4. We launched from kingston, still dark and ran to pilot for our first tack. After not picking anything up we changed direction. The fethastyx popped free of the rigger and we had our first king of the morning. I put a hook in it and handed the rod off to my girlfriend. It's a worry free ordeal with the rod in her hand. She learned well! The fish was in the net in a hurry and 12lbs of tasty chrome in the box. Put the rods back in the water, circled around to the X and rod goes off in the exact same spot! i didn't even get to the rod before it was off and onto one of the other rods. after a quick fight and perfect net job by yours truely we had another fish in the box. this one was a little smaller but still a respectable nook. We went a little while with nothing else and deceded to run to skunk bay for the outgoing. Picked up one more king near the bend. We ended the day with a decent silver by the can. Fish were caught off pilot in 80 feet of water down 36, 45 with red glow mini flasher and cotton candy 3.5 prototype hardware. skunk bay fish were 56 down on rigger in 80 feet on kelp cutter with green spatter back hoochie. SHORT LEADER! photo 2 (2).jpg

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
Nice haul. Went for a walk to the locks today at low tide, LOADED WITH KINGS, stacked in the viewing window, under the metal grate at the first ladder, and streaming in in tight to the shore. Glad there are a few less.

Dream-Catcher

Jul 24, 2012
Shoreline, WA, USA
Name
Mark
Boat
Dream Catcher
Nice catch. We left out of Edmonds yesterday morning and fished the same areas you were at, just deeper (120-250 ft). We caught 4 kings (10, 12, 15, 23 lbrs) from 9:30-11am in Skunk Bay. Most were caught 90 ft down. Three came in on green hoochies (36-42" leader) and one one a white lightning coho killer. Lost one at the boat this morning, and that was it. Post and photos coming soon.

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
Nice work guys. It's been steady for us all year 3 fish average area 9. Off to the ocean. Anybody know of Westport fish being hauled in? Maybe a location or two?