PENN

Hey-19

Aug 31, 2020
HUNTINGTON BEACH
Name
barry skaggs
Boat
C-Dory TomCat
What the heck is “variable-ratio reinforcement schedule”? Well, among other things, it is what draws people to slot machines. You just don’t know what is going to happen on that next pull of the handle. It will probably be nothing, but it could be something great. Slot machine lovers find this addictive, and can sit at those machines for hours, waiting (hoping) for the next payout. Although l enjoy gambling, slot machines have never been my chosen vice, give me some dice or a good hold’em game thank you......Anyway, i have been racking my brain to try and figure out why I am getting so addicted to hooping and I think I have found the answer- “variable-ratio reinforcement schedule”. You never know what is going to be in the next net. Maybe the last 5, 10, or 15 nets were barren, but that next one is going to be the one! My only concern now that I have identified my vice is, can I keep it under control? If not, is there “Lobster Anonymous” that I can call?

Well, as you might guess, I was jonesing to see life in the bottom of my net, and now that craving can no longer be quenched at the penny slots (Long Beach Harbor),oh no, I have to go to the high limit room (Catalina). Well off we went, through the fog, on an otherwise uneventful crossing to pull hoops with the big boys. We worked hard for 10 legals, probably released another 20 shorts and have fed the beast............. for now.

9E581681-201E-4601-A61F-D866E04C1450.jpeg

3F49B64C-E406-4CB1-8A36-40BC277957E3.jpeg

Upvote 0

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
  • May 27, 2015
    SD
    Name
    Donnie D
    Boat
    FINBOMB
    Tried to make the run Saturday morning. Got to the boat at 6am in Pedro...waited out the fog inside the rocks (twitching and itching)...fog broke quick about 930 (after dodging 2 container ships and my buddy goin full bendo on 2 MAC's)...left the harbor and headed towards island only to be turned back about 5 miles from the island. I understand the jones my man...congrats on taming it....for now! Great haul!!

Upvote 0

Mr Main22

Shoot em & cook em
    Apr 18, 2014
    Open Ocean
    Name
    BajaLifeStyle
    Boat
    Parker 21
    Tried to make the run Saturday morning. Got to the boat at 6am in Pedro...waited out the fog inside the rocks (twitching and itching)...fog broke quick about 930 (after dodging 2 container ships and my buddy goin full bendo on 2 MAC's)...left the harbor and headed towards island only to be turned back about 5 miles from the island. I understand the jones my man...congrats on taming it....for now! Great haul!!

Why turn back 5 miles from island?

Reactions: OdessaDog
    Upvote 0

DonnieD

Shit...where's the beer
  • May 27, 2015
    SD
    Name
    Donnie D
    Boat
    FINBOMB
    The wall of fog was just too much for us.

And if you're reading this "guy in fishing Kayak offshore Saturday"...congrats on the size of your cajones...

Upvote 0

NoLDR

OG BD member
  • Mar 26, 2003
    Sherman Oaks
    Name
    BRAD
    Boat
    29 Baha Cruiser NoLDR
    Great report, I once had the same vice. Took me years to calm it but in time you to shall overcome. Well at least that's what we say in group every week. Nice bugs and happy hunting.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    I'd say it was worth the 26 mile run you have some nice ones in there great job Thanks for the report!

Upvote 0

Creeper

Oct 11, 2020
    Ontario
    Name
    Ed Meyer
    Boat
    Lucky Charm
    What the heck is “variable-ratio reinforcement schedule”? Well, among other things, it is what draws people to slot machines. You just don’t know what is going to happen on that next pull of the handle. It will probably be nothing, but it could be something great. Slot machine lovers find this addictive, and can sit at those machines for hours, waiting (hoping) for the next payout. Although l enjoy gambling, slot machines have never been my chosen vice, give me some dice or a good hold’em game thank you......Anyway, i have been racking my brain to try and figure out why I am getting so addicted to hooping and I think I have found the answer- “variable-ratio reinforcement schedule”. You never know what is going to be in the next net. Maybe the last 5, 10, or 15 nets were barren, but that next one is going to be the one! My only concern now that I have identified my vice is, can I keep it under control? If not, is there “Lobster Anonymous” that I can call?

Well, as you might guess, I was jonesing to see life in the bottom of my net, and now that craving can no longer be quenched at the penny slots (Long Beach Harbor),oh no, I have to go to the high limit room (Catalina). Well off we went, through the fog, on an otherwise uneventful crossing to pull hoops with the big boys. We worked hard for 10 legals, probably released another 20 shorts and have fed the beast............. for now.

View attachment 1251949

View attachment 1251950
    Get um!

Upvote 0

Hey-19

Aug 31, 2020
    HUNTINGTON BEACH
    Name
    barry skaggs
    Boat
    C-Dory TomCat
    Yeah, my wife will dress up the dog when I’m not looking, so I turn around to start cleaning this lobster and have a “Kodak moment”.

Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Your dog looks like he's negotiating sale of the lobster--too cool.
    p.s. normally not a fan of pets dressed up in clothes...
    p.p.s. I know, I know, this is a sport-caught lobster with all non-commercial regulations followed.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

Upvote 0