A LOT OF FISH only a couple biters

PENN
Feb 20, 2012
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
adam
Boat
The Gracie
Decided to finally take a crack at the tuna down at the triangle with the man who taught me everything. My dad captain Craig Yamashita

We launched around 7 am from shelter island and got a nice scoop of deens and ran down to the 425.
The water was glass and 68 degrees and very few boats down their, saw close to a dozen patties, a couple with micro yellowtail and we were finally able to get hooked up on one nice 12-15lb yellowtail to start off the day. We continue to work the area, but didn’t see any foamers, we decide to run to the 371 we’re all the radio chatter was in the morning but it seemed we missed the bite and quickly decided to head to the 302 for the afternoon bite.
As soon as we hit the southwest edge of the 302 we started seeing fishing breaking the service 3 or 4 boils at a time, mostly smaller yellowfin with a few monster bluefin coming up in the mix. We were lucky to toss a sardine on the right pile and got 1 of 2 yellowfin in the boat around 20lbs.
Quickly running and gunning on the next couple schools, and was able to hook up one more time
25 minutes later we land our first and only bluefin on the boat. Looked around for a few more hours and couldn’t get anymore to go. But heading home with the trifecta felt good with my pops.
Decided to head back to the barn around 5pm.

All fish caught on sardines,

E762DF48-D6A0-4324-8D7A-24B19FA1BF71.jpeg 3F3894BF-F7F6-4B7A-B271-CEFD4857CD9B.jpeg 57E8A76D-1D02-4018-B739-F1C2BEA9098A.jpeg

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Hat Trick, great job!
Tuna look bigger than 20 pounds, how big was the Bluefin?

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
:food-smil

Upvote 0

muletrain

Sep 9, 2006
san clemente
Name
mark
Boat
Carolina skiff for the bay / Hobie Mirage
Awesome day on the water when fishing with the man that taught you how to fish

Even more special when the man that taught you how to fish was your father

Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0

kimedquid

Nov 13, 2014
Name
kim
Boat
F21
Decided to finally take a crack at the tuna down at the triangle with the man who taught me everything. My dad captain Craig Yamashita

We launched around 7 am from shelter island and got a nice scoop of deens and ran down to the 425.
The water was glass and 68 degrees and very few boats down their, saw close to a dozen patties, a couple with micro yellowtail and we were finally able to get hooked up on one nice 12-15lb yellowtail to start off the day. We continue to work the area, but didn’t see any foamers, we decide to run to the 371 we’re all the radio chatter was in the morning but it seemed we missed the bite and quickly decided to head to the 302 for the afternoon bite.
As soon as we hit the southwest edge of the 302 we started seeing fishing breaking the service 3 or 4 boils at a time, mostly smaller yellowfin with a few monster bluefin coming up in the mix. We were lucky to toss a sardine on the right pile and got 1 of 2 yellowfin in the boat around 20lbs.
Quickly running and gunning on the next couple schools, and was able to hook up one more time
25 minutes later we land our first and only bluefin on the boat. Looked around for a few more hours and couldn’t get anymore to go. But heading home with the trifecta felt good with my pops.
Decided to head back to the barn around 5pm.

All fish caught on sardines,
You nailed it man, caught all the species. Nice! Hope to see you guys again in the gasoline station, we probably got lucky because we passed by you.
View attachment 1041592 View attachment 1041593 View attachment 1041594

Upvote 0