A little out and a little in-Aug. 19th

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by John S., Aug 19, 2017.

1. John S.

John S. Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    Headed out from Dana Landing at 5:30am. It was as packed as I have ever seen it. I was dreading the bait line but the boys opened up both sides and it went well. Picked up a full scoop of Sardines and they were really good. Headed out in fairly mixed up small bump with some wind. Overcast. Nothing like what was forecasted. We worked our way out over 20 miles for nothing. Water was up to 72 mostly 71 and not the best color. Headed back in and got into a good yellowtail bite on bait and then headed for home. 20 and 30 pound fluorocarbon and the Sardines worked for us. Lot of fun.

John
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A

2. the SLIDER

the SLIDER https://multimediabylj.com

Name:
    L J
    Boat:
    arima - the SLIDER
    DP also. Thought it would be a crowd so left the dock at 4:30am. Anchored outside the harbor with the light show and made about 50 pcs of 4-6" macks. Best start of the year for me. At gray light I was 5M out and started trolling and looking. Angled to the point and the water was cooling down to 68. At 8M out headed south past the domes, trolling all the way. It was smooth enough to spot something, however I have no luck. This year has been ridiculous for finding lettuce. Headed back north (not trolling) travelling inside 6M out. Water was warmer there 70-71. Threw back the macks for the next one. Back in by 10:30am. 46 total miles. Yes, there will be a next one, geeeze.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    onehottip, mhanson59hb and namotuman like this.
  3. John S.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    I covered 76 miles. Just tough out there. My brother surfed thiS morning and said the wind was on it early at Cardiff.

John

rick rouland likes this.
  4. Deckman

Deckman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Todd Deckman
    Boat:
    21' CC Parker
    What area 182,302, did you get the yt on a patty?

5. John S.

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    Did not get them on a paddy. There are yellowtail spread out all along the coast. We just got into a good pocket of them. The current was ripping and the water was clear and clean. This helped a lot.

John