Aug 27, 2004
Fullerton, CA
Name
Andy
Boat
Malibu X-Factor, 17' Wellcraft
old regulation. update please.

Summary of changes... (Sorry if I missed a few):

Lingcod moved back down to 22". Limit 2.
Cabezon limit is 3 at 15" (counts toward your rockfish limit).
Bocaccio is also 3, not 2. minimum size 10 in. (counts toward rockfish limit)
Bass (Spotties, Sandies, Calicos) minimum size is now 14"... Bag limit 5 total aggregate.
Perch (I think this includes corvina and corbina/spotfins... not sure)... 10 of one species total... bag limit 20.

I don't know about pelagics (tuna, yellowtail, bonito), but I believe they're all the same... 10 total, with only 5 allowed under 24". Marlin and swords, I'm not sure of... But I couldn't imagine keeping more than 1 anyway, but I know sword limit is 2.
Sharks... 2 threshers and 2 makos per day. No size limit. Sevengill & Soupfin 1 per day (statewide) no size limit.

For dates of closures/openers/depth regs etc... Here are the regulations per region:
California Ocean Sport Fishing Regulations Map

Also be aware of the current MPA's. Here's a listing per region as well:
*California's Marine Protected Area Network

Hope this helps guys! Don't want anyone to get in trouble out there!

Tight lines!!!

Reactions: T Shark and Ramblin

kjsdad619

May 19, 2015
Name
ryan
Boat
Bayliner Trophy
sorry fellas I messed up the first few times trying to figure this out with down loading. I'm no marine biologist so cut me some slack. If I messed up on anything then let me know so I can fix it. I'm a moderate fishermen and needed to make this in the hopes it would save me a fine$$ or two. all in put is greatly appreciated and just wanted to share something I put together. It took me awhile to type all this up with a lot of cut and paste from google.

View attachment 267063

View attachment 267064

View attachment 267065
Thank you for posting!

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO