Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Tues, Dec 18, 2013.
That's Carls favorite show, he will be devastated to hear that Phil doesn't approve of his lifestyle...
I smell a law suit......
Was waiting for them to find something...the hollywood elite HATE these people.....and the fact that most people love the show.
He spoke the truth as he knows it and believes....nothing wrong with that.
World is upside down.......
[h=2]9 Things You Should Know About Duck Dynasty[/h] Duck Dynasty is a series on A&E that shows the lives of the Robertson family, a Louisiana clan who became wealthy from their family-operated duck call business. Here are nine things you should know about reality television's most gospel-centric family.
1. Long before he appeared on the hit A&E series, patriarch Phil Robertson was considered the "Billy Graham of duck hunting." His first public-speaking opportunity came in the early 1990s when he was asked to give a duck-calling seminar at the Superdome in New Orleans before 1,000 people. After talking about duck calls and hunting, Robertson reached into his bag and pulled out his Bible. "Folks, while I'm here," he said, "I think I'm gonna preach you a little sermon." Afterwards, he received other opportunities to speak and preach and was soon booked years in advance to talk to churches and other organizations.
2. In 2012, Duck Dynasty topped Facebook's list of most mentioned television shows. When the show returned this month for season three, the premiere was the most watched show of the night, beating out ratings giants American Idol and Modern Family.
3. Although the family is often shown praying at the end of each episode, Phil Robertson says that the show's producers are frequently uncomfortable with the family's strong Christian faith. "They pretty much cut out most of the spiritual things," Robertson told The Christian Chronicle. "We say them, but they just don't run them on the show."
4. All of the members of the Robertson family, as well as series regulars John Godwin and Justin Martin, are active members of the White's Ferry Road Church of Christ. Phil and his oldest son Al (who doesn't appear on the show) serve as church elders.
5. Uncle Si says he always travels with three things: a gallon jug of iced tea, his plastic cup, and his Bible. (He probably also takes his wife. Although the show often gives the impression Si is single, he's married to Christine. They too are active members of the White's Ferry Road church.)
6. Friends and relatives estimate that Phil Robertson has baptized more than 300 people in the river near his home, the Ouachita River.
7. Jase Robertson on faith and family.
8. Willie Robertson on faith and ministry.
9. Phil Robertson's testimony.
Joe Carter is an editor for The Gospel Coalition and the co-author of How to Argue Like Jesus: Learning Persuasion from History's Greatest Communicator. You can follow him on Twitter.
Categories: Articles of Interest, Arts and Culture
Tags: Art, Culture
| Printable Version
View Comments (124) Post Comment
Copyright © 2013 by the author listed above. Used by permission.
I bet Phil ain't losing any sleep over it.
This is getting out of hand...
As any Bear fan. They know.
I hope they all have the balls to just walk off the show.
P.C. My ASS!!!
That would be awesome if they all told A & E to get the fuck out of town.........the game is over.
It says he was suspended for comparing homosexuality to bestiality, so did they suspend him for insulting fags or insulting dudes that bang animals? Personally, if I was a goat fucker I would be pretty offended by his comments...
A&e needs Phil more than Phil needs them.
Porn Star Kim Kardashian is allowed to have a sex tape, fake a marriage, get knocked up by a rapper and then prostitute her child's pictures for profit and her show is allowed to continue to rot American brains...
A family that teaches family values, gets members removed from the show for speaking his own opinion. Not the opinion of the show or its sponsors or anything like that.
Only in America is freedom of speech only reserved for the Liberal Media!!!
I'm going out to buy duck dynasty shirts for my whole family just because of his comments. Not that I agree with him, but he has the right to his opinion..
Could you imagine if this website started booting members for people making ignorant comments. Everyone would be banned...
...well....i guess...i mean.....maybe it is?
Let's ask Carl. Carl?
So if he made a "PRO" homo quote, everything would be fine. But if he speaks his mind, he's ostercized? Fuck Hollywierd and the social media.
Hey, I'd fuck Kim Kardashian in the ass, once. Just sayin.
I could have not said it better myself
Yes votes going up like a World clock.
Do you support Phil Robertson's opinion?
5 other people are typing
Show 1 new reply 21164 91 ReplyShare
AE would cave, but would find a liberal justification, probably coupled with a gift to GLAD
Separate names with a comma.