Inshore A day on the shoe - June 5, 2021

Ed Y

Sep 19, 2003
Huntington Beach
Name
Ed
Boat
BW Montauk 170
Headed out for a quick morning run. Launched out of Huntington / Sunset Aquatic about 7ish and motored out. Amazingly quiet at the ramp considering it's already June. The overcast skies and lack of fish probably play a role in that.

Minimal wind and chop at the start of the morning. Hit some of the usual wrecks & hard spots from 65' - 90' for the usual cast of characters. Fishing was slow on some spots,, but ended up being pretty decent if you found the right stone. I had only been planning to stay out for a couple of hours so when the wind started picking up a bit about 10:30, that was my queue to head on in.

Managed my third octopus of the season (after never having caught one for the past 20+ years). Not sure what's up with that.

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Boy what a difference a day makes. We went on 6/6. Saw our first white caps at 0630 and it went downhill from there.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    We used to hit the horseshoe hard for halibut in early spring. Some years you couldn't keep the small octopus off of your baits. Danged nuisance is what they are!
    :D

Reactions: jiggermyster
    Upvote 0

Latest posts