a blast of fish

LucazVilla

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento
Name
Lucaz Villa
Boat
LA PATO
The wait of 3 and a half years for this was worth it. Pictures talk by themselves, had a great time, lots of yt, few bf. Lots of dodos, made our limits, few yf. No wahoo. Weather was great, looking forward to next year.

DSCN0021.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0051.JPG

DSCN0054.JPG

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0077.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0100.JPG

DSCN0103.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

DSCN0121.JPG

DSCN0025.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0036.JPG

DSCN0049.JPG

DSCN0050.JPG

DSCN0051.JPG

DSCN0053.JPG

DSCN0057.JPG

DSCN0061.JPG

DSCN0055.JPG

DSCN0067.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0077.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0094.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Should've posted this in the long range or offshore reports forum. Most NorCal's are too gay to understand real fishing. They think sportfishing is fishing for salmon with 2lb balls where everybody has a fucking rod holder. Salmon, the queerest of all gamefish.

Upvote 0

peteking

Everybody take a look at the bad guy-T. Montana
Apr 21, 2013
Arcadia/CA/USA
Name
Pete King
Boat
Ohana
Should've posted this in the long range or offshore reports forum. Most NorCal's are too gay to understand real fishing. They think sportfishing is fishing for salmon with 2lb balls where everybody has a fucking rod holder. Salmon, the queerest of all gamefish.

I have 2 lb. balls...

Upvote 0

ratboy

I Should Upgrade My Account
Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea

Real fisherman only fish on sportboats for cuda, skulpin and sand bass.........

Upvote 0

fujirose

Jan 17, 2009
Roseville, CA
Name
Jim Fujitani
Boat
21' Seaswirl

No real reason for you you to stir the pot.

I sure am glad you said "Most NorCal's are too gay...". I like BFT and YFT more, but how many albies were caught in SoCal this year, or the last 3 years? Hmmmm, sportboaters and six packers in Eureka and Shelter Cove, and even a couple out of Fort Bragg (those ports are in NorCal) got 'em. A couple years back a guy in NorCal boated what would have been a state record 91# albie, but he had to cut it in half to bring it back to port (DQ!). SoCal has 20 year old calico bass, Norcal has the 30 year old rock fish. You say tomahto, we say tomato.

Half of the roster of the annual charter that I go on almost every year, this year a 7 day on the Royal Star, is taken up by Northerners and beyond, for "real fishing". And the roughest waters I ever fished in were out at the Farallons.

I shouldn't stir the pot...

Jim

Upvote 0

OTHGV

Jun 7, 2011
Fresyes, ca
Name
Bill
Boat
Whale Watcher boat ho!
Tea bagger errrrr sitonmyface,
Did you read your post? Maybe you should choose a boat that uses 4lb balls? Or maybe you should try catching a salmon not just fish for them? Ever mooch? Holy crap you suck ass even though you hunt fowl. You probably levy hunt and set up on others....

Reactions: stella marina
Upvote 0

Bigeasy

yeah, yeah!
Jun 18, 2008
Vallejo, CA
Name
Eric W.
Boat
Tunacious 238 Coastal Twin 150-E

I was going to respond, but read your occupation! :ashamed:

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Tea bagger errrrr sitonmyface,
Did you read your post? Maybe you should choose a boat that uses 4lb balls? Or maybe you should try catching a salmon not just fish for them? Ever mooch? Holy crap you suck ass even though you hunt fowl. You probably levy hunt and set up on others....

Nope. I put on the show people try to set up on me.

Upvote 0

ranchero

fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge
Apr 29, 2004
SD
Name
Al
Boat
25 skipjack -Albatross
Love Southern Cal fishing. So many pelagic fish down there. Smooth water and relatively safe on many days. Great environment to get kids into fishing.

That said..not understanding the reason to bust balls.

People grow up in a certain area and that's there home. They like their local waters. I grew up down south and can't get over that. I talk to friends here about our trips and show them pics.... It's not close to home. They only care so much. I get it!!! I don't bust their nuts about it though.

I've never caught more albacore than at 601 2007 or so. There's some good fishing to be had "up north". My buddies from down south are sometimes bummed I keep boat down there. Albacore can be plentiful out of HMB. Limit- style fishing. Boat drifting just nailing them on swim baits, raiders, iron.

Been out days at 601 where dodo and yt where caught on feathers. Marlin sighted.

That said, will never be anything like the pics above...not in million years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JTL750

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 8, 2013
SD
Name
Str8up Jesse
Boat
SS Bobber
That said..not understanding the reason to bust balls.

It's because he's a total toolbag. He's tried talking shit like that on the SoCal forums too and has been chewe'd out hard.

All you have to do is read his screen name and occupation to know that he's a total chump. He should keep his shitty opinion to himself.

I have love for all fellow fishermen and I like any and all types of fishing. Some ways might not be as exciting as others, but the different methods are in use for a reason, they work.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn on way to Florida
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Nice trip! wish I was there.

Upvote 0

johndtuttle

Angler/Client
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Carmel, CA
    Name
    john
    Boat
    not crazy enough yet
    Thanks for the post Lucas! :)

Don't see reels like that everyday like that Jigging Master next to some Tibs.

Upvote 0