middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
I posted that op Ed that from the highest ranking Tanzanian wildlife official begging the U.S. not to ban import of African Lion trophies, because the revenue from American trophy hunters does so much good in his country.

While harvesting an animal solely for sustanance is noble, trophy hunting isn't any less. I don't fully trust the media in their reporting on this dentist, because they are clearly anti-hunting in general. If the guy violated hunting ethics/law (and it sounds like he did) then he should be prosecuted and I'm sure he will.

The libs and anti's don't want any hunting period. They are laughing their asses off, practicing classic "divide and conquer" strategy to pit supposed sustenance hunters against trophy hunters.

I sincerely hope this incident doesn't put such a negative light on hunting that it leads to an unnecessary ban on any trophy import or currently legal/ethical hunting practice.

Upvote 0

clintonstick

Mar 18, 2014
Name
mike
Boat
g3
I'm slamming the shit out of this guy and I am no way Peta. I'm all for hunting and killing animals you eat or need or diminish for the better of the ecosystem. This guy went into an illegal park, and poached. This guy is a smart man, you really think he didn't know what he was doing? Guess what, there are a shit load more bft in the ocean than lions in the wild. Shifty comparison imo.
This is where you and i differ ,I could give a shit about cecil,i dont know all the facts and dont claim to.I wont lose any sleep over cecil and this dentist does not deserve all this shit.I doubt he did anything wrong.What do you need a lawyer to book with a guide,he didnt know boundrys and shit.It was legal
Notice how the guys who support this kook are the same ones who don't actually ever post anything about fishing or hunting? They're too busy doing whatever people do in in UTAH or posting BS about global warming on the BD Nonsense section to ever get out on the water or out in the field. See the trend...? They're not sportsmen...and neither was the dude who killed this lion.
Is that right?I guarantee i have posted more offshore reports since i have been on this board than you have,research it.I also guarantee i have hunted and fished more in my life than you could ever dream.I live in a sportsman mecca.I have 5 season fishing license cali,mex,wyo,utah,idaho.I have 3 state hunting license,wyo,id utah.I am not a trophy hunter,but i go by science not emotion,you guys remind me of those rioters in baltimore or missouri.This guy has been crucified by other so called sportsman like you.People in utah still hunt and fish,check the license sales.Funny how anyone from cali would bring up global warming you guys are the kings of that shit.This guy just went hunting now his life is over without a trial.Its embarrassing!

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
You've caught how many fish this year?
You've been out how many times?
Shut the the fuck you worthless troll.

Wow, you measure yourself by some important things. I'm sure that's why you have that POS skiff.

Some of us don't feel the need to post fishing reports. Like been there, done that. It only attracts unwanted attention to those who practice the trade at a high level. Now move along until you get your big boy pants on.

Reactions: Fyermanbob
Upvote 0

gunnyslinger

Steady 1’s and 2’s
Mar 15, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Justin
Boat
20’ CC
Wow, you measure yourself by some important things. I'm sure that's why you have that POS skiff.

Some of us don't feel the need to post fishing reports. Like been there, done that. It only attracts unwanted attention to those who practice the trade at a high level. Now move along until you get your big boy pants on.
Clearly you have a solid way measuring yourself. Boat size has to be the best I've seen.
So it'd be obvious to assume (by your theory of measure) that you have a big nice boat and suffer from a serious case of little dick syndrome......

Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20
There goes biggest terd insulting people's boats. Do you have anything new or original you old crusty scrub? Your boat doesn't even run and hasn't seen water since your avatar pic.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Clearly you have a solid way measuring yourself. Boat size has to be the best I've seen.
So it'd be obvious to assume (by your theory of measure) that you have a big nice boat and suffer from a serious case of little dick syndrome......

Yep, I suffer from little dick syndrome: little dicks like yourself who think they're big shit.

The record is there. The day that Bloody Decks started selling information (i.e. Fishdope) is the day I stopped posting fishing reports. Last thing I want is little dicks like yourself using my hard earned information to find fish.

Yup, unfortunately we've been loading the boats up with 30-60lb BFT in our little puddle jumpers just miles from shore.

Like last Saturday out of Dana Point there must have been over 100 little dicks like yourself out there fishing because of catch posts on BD and the fact that the fish were very close in. If it floated, it was out there. The internet is how little dicks like yourself find fish. Now that the fish have spread out, those of us who know how to find and catch them are silent. Aw gee.

Last edited:
Reactions: clintonstick
Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
This guy didn't go hunt to feed the villagers...His intentions were pathetic
Just like the gun debate does one hunter doing something really stupid make all hunters stupid?.....
Thanks for asking your question Brad, I've hunted different parts of Africa on eight trips now and will be heading back in July for another upland hunt. On every trip I've made the game that we take is either used in the hunting lodge for the owner, guest, and workers or is donated to the local villages. In the Namibia area the PH's hire locals as assistants to help spot, drive, and pack out the game. In return we as hunters tip them and donate our meat back to the local villages. If you want to have a life changing experience go and have a evening meal with a local village that you donate a Kudu to. I went with a guides helper one night and stayed overnight with his family, the food, the dance, the celebration of thanks for giving them the animal. All I can say is I have a greater appreciation for people when I get to do things like that. If it wasn't for hunting then I wouldn't get to share an experience like that.

As for letting game rot, that doesn't happen unless it's poachers out for hides or trophy's. I've first hand seen the results of what happens to animals that are taken during a professional hunt and will tell you that nothing is wasted. Even the entrails are used to bait other game for predator hunts. The animals I've taken are skinned out and caped, packed in salt and saw dust, permits are filed, and I have them shipped to a local taxidermist for mounting. A true professional service will take care of this and make sure all of the cost are discussed with you. Also depending on where you go and the service used there may be extra trophy fee's and other incurred cost. Check about inclusive hunts that have full meals, bar, travel to and from the camp, ranch house, and field. I have had to pay for packers out of pocket before. I had a PH and tracker as part of the hunt; but when I took a water buffalo I had to go and hire my own packers to haul it out. Needless to say I don't use that service anymore. Most of the PH's and service listed on SCI, and listed on shows like Nosler or Ruger outdoors are good services. I have had great luck and been treated great by all of the British and South African PH's, I had to rather crappy experiences with an american PH who was only out for money. You can check with SCI or the local consultant to see if any complaints have been filed against a PH or service you are looking at using. I now use the same service when I go over, it makes it nice to know what to expect and not have any surprises.

Reactions: calisnowhunter
Upvote 0

CaptJgray

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
If you kill something you don't consume your fucked up. That's how I see it.

So Coyote hunting, ground squirrel hunting, prairie dogs, mice, etc...

oh wait you don't hunt so lets see, you ever chunked up a mackerel, fished a live bait? did you consume it?

just because it is a lion and cats do not get eaten in the US does not mean that it did not get consumed.

some cultures eat dogs, cats, and horses, we may not find that normal but so what?

Have you ever eaten a pig or a cow. Now go to India or Israel and defend yourself. you in their eyes are wrong...

I am not saying this guy is a Saint. I am saying that there is a reason why you hire a guide. Hunting Lions is perfectly legal. Shooting an Elk at Yellowstone NP is not. Outside of the park it is. does that mean it is wrong to hunt Elk near the Park? What about bears? they were sacred to the Native Americans, probably shouldn't shoot them either huh?

where does it stop is what I am asking. Fishing is no different than hunting. It is a sport and we all have a different preference in how we do it.

All I am saying is that we would not have known about this if the thing didn't have a freaking name. It reminds me of Bobo the seal from redondo. Lots of seals get killed every year and it use to be common practice. Kill one that has a name and you are going to jail and you are someones bitch...

The people he hired should hold the majority of the responsibility, not all because you better damn well know what you are shooting when you pull the trigger.

Would I kill a lion, damn right I would. a Mountain Lion.... I have no desire to trophy hunt. Just as I have no desire to go fish for Marlin or Sailfish, or Big sharks. Am I against the people that do these things? absofreakinglutely NOT. Am I against poachers, HELL YES.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Yes. In many ways, starting with legality.

Which part was illegal exactly? can you show me where luring a lion to bait and killing it is illegal? did the PH he hired have all of the permits as was perceived? IDK do you? honest question...

So what? He is an american and his actions reflect on the rest of us. We are perfectly within our moral rights to judge. In fact, I believe it is a moral prerogative to condemn his actions, rather than to make excuses for it.
He was in Africa and when you go to another country you play by their rules... Im not making excuses, Im saying unless you have hunted in Zimbabwe you have no idea of what is right or wrong with their hunting practices.

Except that he knew he had to drag the animal 40 miles to an area where the take would have been legal. And in this age of GPS, 40 miles is a long way. In CA, you can't be 40 feet into an unmarked MLPA zone in the ocean. And I wouldn't infer that his decision to plead guilty wasn't the result of a favorable plea bargain -- there is nothing about this guy to suggest he is a stand-up guy.
I never said he was my hero, but do we know anything else about the situation? have I made mistakes before while hunting? yes I have, does not mean I am evil. Have I seen people do things i didn't agree with, yes I have. and I've tried to educate them, not hang them...

Except that he and his guides lured the animal out of a preserve in which it was legally protected. Given this hunter's history of trying to disguise his criminal poaching (the Wisconsin bear, and in this case the effort to destroy the collar), he doesn't deserve the benefit of any doubt about his complicity in that effort.
so you mentioned the MPA and not being able to go 40 feet inside. Why would you need to be so close to a closed area???? its freaking illegal to lure those protected fish out of there!!!!! Oh my god we have a criminal folks.... he wants to lure helpless fish out of an MPA and actually catch them.

Someone call CNN quick, fuck that this guy is an inconsiderate jerk GET A ROPE!!!!!

Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20

oh wait you don't hunt so lets see, you ever chunked up a mackerel, fished a live bait? did you consume it?

just because it is a lion and cats do not get eaten in the US does not mean that it did not get consumed.

some cultures eat dogs, cats, and horses, we may not find that normal but so what?

Have you ever eaten a pig or a cow. Now go to India or Israel and defend yourself. you in their eyes are wrong...

I am not saying this guy is a Saint. I am saying that there is a reason why you hire a guide. Hunting Lions is perfectly legal. Shooting an Elk at Yellowstone NP is not. Outside of the park it is. does that mean it is wrong to hunt Elk near the Park? What about bears? they were sacred to the Native Americans, probably shouldn't shoot them either huh?

where does it stop is what I am asking. Fishing is no different than hunting. It is a sport and we all have a different preference in how we do it.

All I am saying is that we would not have known about this if the thing didn't have a freaking name. It reminds me of Bobo the seal from redondo. Lots of seals get killed every year and it use to be common practice. Kill one that has a name and you are going to jail and you are someones bitch...

The people he hired should hold the majority of the responsibility, not all because you better damn well know what you are shooting when you pull the trigger.

Would I kill a lion, damn right I would. a Mountain Lion.... I have no desire to trophy hunt. Just as I have no desire to go fish for Marlin or Sailfish, or Big sharks. Am I against the people that do these things? absofreakinglutely NOT. Am I against poachers, HELL YES.

Way to compare mackerel and chum to a lion wearing a colar in a protected area. He's a poacher, he had no intention of using the lion for food or another reasonable purpose. Your a dumbass for comparing mlpa and fishing to what this guy did. He was 40 miles inside a legal hunting zone. If he was 40 milimeters outside of the zone it's legal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

Well stated. The issue is naming wild game as if they are pets. The people who subscribe to this watch too much TV and don't get out into the wild. They think all those wild animals are like pets.

Still laughing at the enviro who got up during public comments at a Fish & Game Commission Meeting where they had just covered the status of bears in California and asked where the DFW raised the bears to plant for hunters to kill? You just can't make that shit up.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Way to read the guys quote

how can it be ok to kill and not consume a small animal, but not ok to kill something bigger and not consume it.

Just saying Judge not lest ye be judged

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Way to compare mackerel and chum to a lion wearing a cola in a protected

Way to compare mackerel and chum to a lion wearing a colar in a protected area. He's a poacher, he had no intention of using the lion for food or another reasonable purpose. Your a dumbass for comparing mlpa and fishing to what this guy did. He was 40 miles inside a legal hunting zone. If he was 40 milimeters outside of the zone it's legal.

Huh, Im an idiot? You are the person judging what he was doing and what his intentions were. Do you know him? have you been there?

Am i defending the bear thing? Nope, just saying we don't know the details. I know people who have had game confiscated for taking it in the wrong area, I was even there when a friend shot a buck the day after the season closed. and then felt so bad that he turned himself in. he was 16 and wanted to hide it and destroy all of the evidence. then he plead guilty and lost his privileges the next year.

Im just saying we do not know the circumstances, could he have been a young dumb kid when he shot this bear? could he have been on a guided hunt or private property that he was told was in his area? could he have purchased the wrong tag or been given the wrong tag by the dud that didn't finish 3rd grade at Wal Mart? they are all possibilities...

Get convicted of statutory rape for sleeping with a 17 year old when you are 18 will be on your record forever, even if you are married to her for 60 years after that...

THAT is what I am saying, sorry i wasn't more clear....

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
He was 40 miles inside a legal hunting zone. If he was 40 milimeters outside of the zone it's legal.

How is it any different than sitting on the edge of an MPA and chumming? please explain this to me?

Oh so fishing the BUFFER Zone at Clarion is EVIL... I get it now. Oh wait no I don't, please explain why I am a dumb ass and you are so freaking smart.

Reactions: clintonstick
Upvote 0

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
www.yayacalls.com
Name
Stefan
Boat
Grady White 263 Chase
First of all, Fish and Wildlife agencies tag, collar and place transmitter on all kinds of animals and birds as a conservation tool, I have a stack of bands and collars.

IMHO the responsibility of this lion being shot falls on Zimbabwe for allowing a convicted poacher to acquires a license and hunt in their country.

Get busted in the US for a major Fish or Game violation and try to get a license or into Canada to hunt, good luck

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Very true Kid Creole....
I believe that the hunter carries some responsibility, but not unlike on a sport boat, if the angler breaks a law the captain is responsible as well.

I am still trying to research what his charges were for the bear and what area he was in. It doesn't sound like he handled the situation as honestly as possible, but i don't know all the details either.

has anyone found anything on it other than what was reported in the Liberal Media?

Upvote 0

PCH

El Nino 2015!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2008
North San Diego
Name
Paul
Boat
Gregor 20
How is it any different than sitting on the edge of an MPA and chumming? please explain this to me?

Oh so fishing the BUFFER Zone at Clarion is EVIL... I get it now. Oh wait no I don't, please explain why I am a dumb ass and you are so freaking smart.

40 miles in a protected area is a big distance away from a legal area. Sitting on the edge of mlpa is legal, sitting inside is not. How much more clarification do you need? I'm all for hunting, just not when a person breaks the laws and then acts like a uninformed victim. That's weak. I never said shit about a bear. When i refereed to poaching, it was how he killed this lion.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
I just read the claim that was filed against him for the bear. He had a tag for sub zone A1. there are 3 zones in Wisconsin. A, B, and C. if you hold a Zone A tag you can hunt any of Zone A including sub zone A1. He had an A1 tag and was restricted to that sub area of the Zone A. His 2 guides told him to report that he shot the bear near Taylor Road, in sub zone A1.

again in this situation, as I expected to be the case, he was on a guided hunt. Most trophy hunters hire guides for every hunt. Here is how it works if you've never been around a big game hunter with money.

You call up a few guide services and tell them you want atrophy bear, maybe a cinnamon colored one, or a really big black one, whatever. maybe they use bait and trail cameras and they see what looks like the bear you want. You get a phone call or text with pictures, and low and behold this is the one you want. You jump on a plane and if the bear is coming to bait you get in the stand at the first opportunity. or hey guess what this one is on their buddy ranch and they use dogs to tree it. you walk up, shoot the bear out of the tree and have your trophy. The guides keep the meat because everyone has already come to the conclusion that this guy is vegan and doesn't eat anything he kills...

Then he goes to fill out the paperwork, the guide tells him what to write down. someone blows the whistle an BAM...Instant Poaching Asshat...

It was his tag and he plead guilty. and he will be guilty of poaching for life.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
PCH,
I agree that being inside an area is different than being on the edge.
If i misunderstood your statement then i apologize.

What I still don't understand is why you feel he was poaching the Lion, he wasn't inside the closed area. he was outside and they lured the lion out of the protected area. by sitting on the edge throwing ones....

the collar was not obvious and he had hired a guide and a professional hunter to put him on a trophy. Not unlike fishing the Buffer Zone. are all of the LR guys now Poachers?
That is what I am not understanding. what makes this wrong and that right?

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
PCH,
the reason I thought you were referring to the bear was the 40 mile thing. That was the bear citation not this lion.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Your a dumbass for comparing mlpa and fishing to what this guy did. He was 40 miles inside a legal hunting zone. If he was 40 milimeters outside of the zone it's legal.

This is why it confused me

he was outside of the protected area. they used chum to lure him into the legal area. that is why i used the MPA/Buffer zone analogy.

Upvote 0

gunnyslinger

Steady 1’s and 2’s
Mar 15, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Justin
Boat
20’ CC
Yep, I suffer from little dick syndrome: little dicks like yourself who think they're big shit.

The record is there. The day that Bloody Decks started selling information (i.e. Fishdope) is the day I stopped posting fishing reports. Last thing I want is little dicks like yourself using my hard earned information to find fish.

Like last Saturday out of Dana Point there must have been over 100 little dicks like yourself out there fishing because of catch posts on BD and the fact that the fish were very close in. If it floated, it was out there. The internet is how little dicks like yourself find fish. Now that the fish have spread out, those of us who know how to find and catch them are silent. Aw gee.

You're laughable at best. Seriously a waste of breathe.
I'm happy as a fucking clam I don't know any miserable cunts like yourself.
Your arguments rival that of a 12 year old. Grow up child.

100 little dicks that went out because of info posted? Glad I missed it. Good hinge I smashed em there a solid week prior and made a report. Guess it was partially my fault.
People like me are the ones that push their little shit boats to the limit to find fish that pussies like yourself won't even char. Please continue to sit on the couch and let the rest of us little dicks have at it.
I would happily fish circles around you if given the chance.
I honestly don't even know why I reply to someone like you. Just a miserable lonely fuck

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.