Dexter Outdoors

Oldtimer2

Jul 29, 2020
Iowa City Iowa
Name
Rob Malone
Boat
don't got no boat
Thank you for the wonderful report. Actually hearing about the fight, especially when it is written very well, provides a great deal of enjoyment for those of us who will never see, must less catch, a 300+ tuna.

Congratulations and kudos.....both for the fish!! and the report.

[ If I may, one question: Do the huge tuna (which must be quite old) taste as good as the 40lb youngsters? I've never heard anyone say.]

Upvote 0

JGROSS

Almost A Member
Sep 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Jason
Boat
Baby = sold boat
I use the Eagle Claw 8/0 2005’s at Cedros with Macs and the guys say they’re too big until they end up borrowing mine... I always take extras!

I love the Excel!

View attachment 1233158

I wanna be Tim when I grow up but I’m working on it in the meantime!
They don’t have patches for cow/super cow BFT :( yet. Jason, if you read this, you owe me bud!

Will this work?LOL

BF1.jpg

Upvote 0

themacs

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 18, 2003
San Clemente CA
Name
scott
Boat
none
Hi Tim, Happy Holidays and, of course, congratulations on an amazing trip of a lifetime. So sorry to hear about your Mom. I trust you and the rest of your family are healthy and safe. Scott

Reactions: Tim Turis
Upvote 0

COSDoug

Nov 23, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO.
Name
Doug
Boat
Hobie Kayak
Tim,
I have read your advice on Wahoo many times, in fact it helped me catch my first ( 2 ). This trip report was excellent. Thanks for taking the time. The admiration shown to you on this forum is very much deserved. Good Luck to you sir. Sincere condolences.
Doug

Reactions: Tim Turis
Upvote 0

ThunderMudder

Dec 1, 2007
wishing west c
Name
nal
Boat
282 GW Sailfish F225's
congrats Tim!
many trips and many hours at the rail paying off in spades.
not all trips are a trip of a lifetime but you gotta go on as many as you can to hope to experience being right place and right time.

i guess i can always wait for second or last call for meals on on my next trip and hope for a good bite and maybe a fish of a lifetime!

Upvote 0

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Sorry about the loss of your Mom ..nothing is more important than family.

Always good to do something you are passionate about while you are in the long grieving process.

Congratulations on an epic trip and the 2 supers on Stand UP gear ! it is great to hear about that part as well . The Rail has changed things but the Harness still has it's place and applications.

Upvote 0

SD Bass Assassin

Formally gurnman
Aug 30, 2009
lakeside
Name
Bill
Boat
Champion 200
Tim, sorry to hear about your mom.

Loved your story, felt like I was there. I’m sure your mother was there also.

3 supers in one year, crazy. Just wondering how many supers you have under your belt? Thanks for the report.

Upvote 0