For Sale $9500 1984 wellcraft with 200hp Suzuki (Valerie Jean)

Discussion in 'Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads' started by Crawlinnut, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    II just bought this boat and trailered it all the way from San Diego to Bay Area. Took it out once and did great then took it to my mechanic and looks like its Getting water in the block. Mechanic says it still runs good but is going to eventually need a rebuild in power head . Looks like it’s approx $2000 for rebuild I want to pass this on to someone else that has the time and money to deal with it. I’m counting my losses and moving on. Price is $12k firm. Would sell for $10k firm without electronics. I paid 13k and dumped another $1000 at mechanic for service and repairs. Not included the gas to get this damn thing to the Bay Area. I’m not on here very often so please email me if interested. [email protected]

From previous owner:

· 1984 Wellcraft Sportsman 248. This boat was converted from an inboard/outboard to a bracketed outboard.....and rides more like a 30' boat. LOA w/bow pulpit 29.5’

· Armstrong flotation bracket

· 2007 Suzuki DF200 4 stroke motor, approx. 1380 hours. Oil changed every 100 hours. Runs perfectly. Fuel burn 1-2 mpg depending on sea state and load. 3 anglers + 100# ice = ~1.5 mpg

· Stainless Steel prop, with spare aluminum prop. Tops out at 30 knts

· Cartridge type fuel pre-filter

· 100 gallon fuel capacity

· Hydraulic steering

· (2) SMIS programmable engine management digital gauges w/GPS puck , new engine interface cable 2016

· (2) Simrad NSS 9 evo 2 MFD's (1 in 2014, 1 in 2016) (Sonar, Radar, GPS chart and Navigation, lots of other functions as well.) Networked. Sorry, the rockfish spots will be deleted per Ed and Harry. :rolleyes: well, I might leave them if the price is right. :D

· Simrad 3G radar, 2016

· New throttle and shift cables, late in 2015

· Extensive rewiring throughout, about 90%, 2013 (I am an electrician by trade, and kinda picky....)

· (2) deep cycle batteries w/battery switch (batteries new 2013)

· Airmar B175M transducer 2014 (1kw)

· Lowrance Structure scan transducer

· Inverter and microwave

· 2 VHF radios, 1 new 2015

· 2 vhf antennas, new 2015

· Compass

· Pacific Yacht Towers Hardtop w/ 11 rocket launchers, with fold down belly hoop on roof.

5 flush rod holders on the gunnel to hold the trollers when deployed, 4 on the side rails (to stow the trollers when we get on a stop), 2 holders on the bow (C-bass fishin), 9 holders
    on the bait tank. "how many should we take?" TAKE THEM ALL!

· Blackman 65 gallon bait tank, holds bait VERY well. (spare pump included)

· Salt water wash down pump and hose

· 2 bilge pumps
    (1 new 2015) wired as auto(float switch) w/manual override at helm

· LED navigation, deck and flood lights 2016

· Anchor, 50' chain, 300' rode

· Todd helm chairs, new 2015

· Bennett trim tabs, new control switch 2014

· Cockpit coaming pads, reupholstered 2015

· Fridge with invertor

· Fire extinguisher new 2016

· Life jackets (4)

· Flare gun kit

· Completely rebuilt EZ-Loader trailer, converted from rollers to bunks, new axles, hubs, brakes, lights, and Carlisle tires 2014 Spare tire rack and spare tire.

· Probably more stuff that I am forgetting.

0A5A1F08-F88D-4EA8-9A29-DD20999AA9F4.jpeg AFBD9DE6-1F77-4C92-9A23-830033D1B9FD.jpeg E9011C22-8B43-413B-9788-E22AA4015FA9.jpeg F4D4959C-AADB-46B0-9514-4246BAACDC80.jpeg 3705166F-D6FD-43B8-8280-50B827384C0B.jpeg 9064165A-39AD-4994-925B-A190BCC2C7FB.jpeg 3B56E856-A37E-465D-84E2-83A482D09778.png D33422B3-B2A5-472E-B5D8-4293F8BFA977.png 0FBA7D95-2D69-4BB3-A122-6728AB46A6FC.png 3F4CB6F5-63DA-4DE5-B305-394C26D2A7E2.png A627C8DF-EC72-4ABF-B564-31C6116AC11B.jpeg

2. Fishbones

Fishbones Your wife thinks about ME

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
    Bummer about the motor

gecsr1 and MikeyLikesIt like this.
  3. rustman

rustman Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Rusty
    Boat:
    1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
    That fucking sucks, but as usual “Buyer beware” no body is your friend when they are selling something. You need to perform your own inspections at a place you select and are comfortable with “PERIOD”

Unassailable likes this.
  4. Hismosa

Hismosa I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    20' Skipjack
    Damn this boat has changed a lot of hands in a short time

5. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    Yes it is a huge bummer. I’m retarded for not checking the oil. The most obvious thing to check and of course I didn’t. I trusted the guy selling it which turned out to be a dick. Looks like I’m gonna replace the electronics so new price is $10k. Make offers.

6. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    Looking for offers.

7. MikeyLikesIt

MikeyLikesIt did you say F I S H I N G ???

Name:
    starts with an "M".....
    Boat:
    #1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
    dammit. I wonder what he did to the motor? I can tell you with certainty it was NOT getting water in the oil when I sold it.....what a shame......it was a great engine.

how many hours on it now? Just wondering how much the kid used it.....

8. skipjack

skipjack Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    skip
    Boat:
    2320 Parker "Donna Marie"
    There's a chance that your thermostat is stuck open,causing condensation inside the crankcase. (Water in the oil,combined with a fuel smell from running cold,rich)
    The thermostat is easy to remove,inspect and replace.

charliecat likes this.
  9. mullet

mullet Metal Fabricator

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    19"Gregor
    Looks like almost a thousand hours in less than 20 months if the gauges are right......Damn

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  10. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    The gauges picture is old. The boat has around 1385 hours on it now It is a shame. It’s a nice boat and the motor might not be that bad I just don’t want to deal with it. Someone should by this thing it’s a nice boat for a great price. Someone should bring some offers.

11. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    I don’t think the thermostat is stuck open as the temp. Is running around 150 degrees which is normal operating temp. Someone buy this thing. Make me a offer you might be surprised.

12. willyok

willyok Member

Name:
    Will
    Boat:
    Aloha Lady 33' K&C.
    I’ve fished this boat and know the previous owner pretty well. I also know that it was inspected by an independent party on behalf of the OP with no known issues (including sea trial and checking oil). Then sea trialed again by the OP with satisfactory results.

I also know that the boat was sold to the OP for well under the asking price for $12.5k.

What kind of corrosion issue that causes water intrusion to the crank case is going to be corrected by a rebuild?

And why is the ad posted on SF bay Craigslist so different?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/wellcraft-fishing-boat-withhp/6515854106.html

I’m not sure of the current state of the engine but I can assure you it was not sold with any known defects.

Good luck with the sale and hopefully your putting the electronics on your new boat soon.

13. sealskinner

sealskinner Retired Pimp

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Franks ho
    Rut roh.

Bottom Line likes this.
  14. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    Hey Will,

The boat was inspected by a guy that I find that I found on craigslist (I am VERY Upset with him as he obviously didn’t inspect the motor that well). Did your budddy tell you that when I first looked at the boat at almost walked away. Really don’t want to get into the politics of the whole deal with you espially since it’s none of your business unless you want to buy the boat at a deep discount. Second not sure what he is telling you about the selling price because I paid exactly $12,500 for the boat. I definetly got screwed out of the deal because I was also very rushed on this transaction and was a COMPLETE IDIOTS for not checking the oil in the dipstick before buying. The fact that you state that the boat had no known defects is completely not correct and I really think you should butt out. I’ve also called, left messages and texted the owner of the boat MANY times and before I posted the Boat for sale and of course no response. Not a honest guy, say what you want about him. Thanks for budding in without the right facts.

Natural_one likes this.
  15. EurekaMarc

EurekaMarc Member

Name:
    Marc
    Boat:
    yes some of those
    I would bet its getting water from a bad head gasket on the starboard bank around the center cylinder. I had a 250 with about those hours when that happened. It's a known issue with those df v6s 2008 and older with about 1300-1400 hours. Some with no issues also out there. I pulled the powerhead, broke it down, had the heads milled and put it back together and it runs like a watch according to the new owner of it. I think I had about $1500 into it after the trouble. Good luck with the sale, you may consider fixing it if you can get it done for $2k but I understand your reservations to do that.

Marc

16. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    Thanks Marc, I would say that’s accurate and this would be a great boat for someone that wants to invest the money in fixing the motor. I’m just moving on and already bought a new boat and need this one gone.

17. ronfishon

ronfishon captain

Name:
    Ronnie D.
    Boat:
    18ft Reinell&1851 striper(kaylena)
    I have around 1100 hrs on my Yamaha f115....after trolling for hours my engine oil would rise and look white....I almost removed the head....(thought I had a blown headgasket)..talked to a Yamaha certified tech...advised to replace thermostat...stated my engine was making oil....installed thermostat and symptom immediately went away.....Now I replace my thermostat yearly....Good luck!

skipjack likes this.
  18. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    Bought a new boat, need this gone. Any offers??

19. Crawlinnut

Crawlinnut Newbie

Name:
    Sean
    Boat:
    28ft grady
    I have some electronics good older electronics I took off my old boat to go with it.

20. Dudley613

Dudley613 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    Do you have any pics that aren't so old? May help