9 Mile South

24pack

Oct 3, 2007
chula vista
Name
chris S.
Boat
2120 Parker
Bait was all Anchovie at Mission Bay and San Diego should have passed and missed the one hour wait and made macs at the entrance of the Harbor. Today the porpoise where holding Yellowfin . Took what seemed to be one hour before our first bite on the troll, it came unbuttoned and all I could think of is I just had the one good opportunity go to waiste and that might have been our only chance.

Fortunately I was wrong about 5 minutes later we had a triple on cedar, xrap and daisy chain. Kept with the porpoise for 3 more to 45 lbs.

If I had it to do over again , I would bypass our buddies at Everingham, concentrate on making Macs, another boat was very successful at getting in front of the porpoise and dropping back macs, the Yellowfin really like the green colored Xrap 3 of the fish came on it. Stay with the porpoise as long as you can , it seems around the 11:30 mark we stopped getting any bites and was similar with other boats. If you plan on staying for the afternoon bite bring plenty of ice it was really humid and the ice was just gone. Hope this helps.

20150626_141202.jpg

coacheric

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 13, 2008
Santee
Name
Eric Austin
Boat
19' Hydra Sport (salt)/22' Bayliner (fresh)
Thanks for the great info and nice job.

mike82

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
we trolled dolphin til we were blue in the face and nothing! all day long, nothing.

Sonny100

May 15, 2015
Name
Sonny
Boat
Mako 184 CC
Thanks for the great!

calicokid97

YT on the iron
Feb 25, 2008
San Diego
Name
Kenny Sansone
Boat
1978 24' Sea Ray cuddy
When you guys are dropping these macs in front of the ponies, are you flylining or fishing with some weight?
Was out there yesterday and the highest they came up was about 120'
Didn't get touched

24pack

Oct 3, 2007
chula vista
Name
chris S.
Boat
2120 Parker
When you guys are dropping these macs in front of the ponies, are you flylining or fishing with some weight?
Didn't get touched
No weight just flyline. We metered them to 10feet, but most of the day you where exactly right between. 100-150 feet .

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Thanks now you ruined it. Yellowfin have been on the porpoise for weeks now. I'm just glad no one knows how to fish em correctly outside of trolling. That's always a plus. Anyways nice job! And nice haul

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
Didn't get touched
The thing is they aren't biting macs. Maybe he found a school who wants em, but the majority do not. And that's why you aren't getting bit. You have the equation correct, now you gotta figure out the answer. Let's just leave it at that

calicokid97

YT on the iron
Feb 25, 2008
San Diego
Name
Kenny Sansone
Boat
1978 24' Sea Ray cuddy
The thing is they aren't biting macs. Maybe he found a school who wants em, but the majority do not. And that's why you aren't getting bit. You have the equation correct, now you gotta figure out the answer. Let's just leave it at that

dines and chovies I'm assuming
Maybe we just need to get upswell and get some chum going
Thanks for the reply!

Ducksgo

May 19, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Name
Mark
Boat
Someone else's
dines and chovies I'm assuming
Maybe we just need to get upswell and get some chum going
Thanks for the reply!
Nope there's a plastic that was invented for lake fishing which was slaying sand bass and calicos in the early 2000s. Worm king made a copy of it to no avail. You find out the plastic you will have non stop yellowfin going upswell on instant hook ups off porpoise. Just don't fish the reso dolphins!

arik lerner

Aug 29, 2009
san diego ca usa
Name
arik
Boat
topcat 42 thermadine
Hate to tell you you blew it yellowfin far prefer anchovies that sardines. Notice all the fish lately not sure if there on chobies But with certain way way better. Plus more chum. Plus they don’t fill up. Way way better

Wolfman4

Wolfman
Feb 20, 2017
San Diego
Name
Michael Quidort
Boat
C-Dory
Why bother posting if your not offering help...EGO?