9 mile san diego

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by 2strokepoke, Jul 13, 2013.

1. 2strokepoke

2strokepoke nimrod

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
    the water and conditions were killer today. visibility was nil till about noon. my fish finder was marking all over, no luck with any bites though. we decided to come back inside and try the paddies when the engine took a dump. vessel assist was there in 45 mins and i was back on my trailer in less than 2 hrs. all i can say about today is that i'm happy i spent that $150, and i will return to 9 mile another day.

2. ivane068

ivane068 Professional hide and seek player..

Name:
    Ivan
    Boat:
    Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
    That sucks but at least you made it back alright, Any idea how long it takes to get out to the northern end from mission bay? I'm taking my first trip out there in two weeks.

3. GoGo4

GoGo4 state raised

Name:
    Uncle Mike
    Boat:
    Hydra-Sports 2000WA
    that sucks but just another happy ending with the V.A.

4. 2strokepoke

2strokepoke nimrod

Name:
    danny
    Boat:
    dammit danny! 26' skipjack flybridge
    we launched from dana landing and were out to 9 mile quick. i had my brother and 2 kids on board, so it was a lil hard to keep track of things. but i want to say around a half-hour, cruising at 32 m/h. good luck

5. Werfless

Werfless Hugh Mann

Name:
    Hugh Mann
    Boat:
    Plastic Chariot
    not too hard to get to the 9 from dana landing, just don't pass good paddies on the way to the 9.. the close paddies can hold too.. good luck

6. ranchero

ranchero fishing-pox..?I have fishing plauge

Name:
    Al
    Boat:
    25 skipjack -Albatross
    AMEN to that!

it takes about 45 min-1hr crawling (after clearing the harbor). The water can get fishy right away. I have not been out SD since last season. Once you get 3-5 miles out. Put out 2 poles- one with natural cedar and one with big rapala / yozuri /sinking or swimming plug and slow to 5-6 mph. I did this last year traveling solo(around 9mph) with large marlin and a dodo chain- and hit fish in middle of no where a lot.

traveling slower= see more paddies and breezing fish. It's an anything can happen area.

Although- hard not to zoom putting boat in at shelter island and getting bait in SD bay. Feels like a race half the time with all the other boat traffic. Going out of Mission Bay is pretty mellow and for some reason the path to the nados and 9 feel fishier with less traffic most of time.

7. Jig Strike

Jig Strike . . . new and improved

Name:
    Glenn
    Boat:
    Ho Ho Ho

Awesome attitude.

:hali_olutta:

:urno1:

8. Ocean-tendency

Ocean-tendency Member

Name:
    Christopher Davis
    Boat:
    Prowler 13
    yeah don't be afraid to start looking at 5-6 miles out, I've picked up plenty of fish in that area.