Offshore 9 mile, kelps & the corner

PENN
Mar 20, 2020
San Diego
Name
C
Boat
15’ Hobie power skiff
So like I said in my post from yesterday, I got tired of bottom fishing near shore, and decided to get out into big boy land today.

Launched around 0900 again and headed straight out west, weather was perfect with a long period 2' swell and negligible winds. The fog bank was a little ominous when I was making my way out of the bay, but it cleared up and visibility was great the whole day.

Stopped on about 8 or 9 solid kelps throughout the day, many of which were holding smaller grade, rat yellows that were not wanting any breakfast (only irons and jigs from me) but it was promising to see fish on kelps this early in the season, in 63 degree water non the less.

Chased bird piles, hit paddies, and trolled rapala x-raps, but at the end of the day struck out. No complaints from me though, everybody on the radio was being super cool, and helping each other out, got to see some whales and get my skiff out there a ways. I hope y'all have better luck than me. Tight lines!

IMG_8578.JPG

bdogie1

• May 27, 2015
    Name
    Brandon
    Boat
    getsome
    A for effort on the try!!! A no fish day on the water is better than a good day at work!!!!

Reactions: Bottom_Scratcher
    Upvote 0

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat
    SeaVee 340Z
    You're the guy that tried to poach out paddy and got to watch us limit out!

:)

Next time, ASK before you roll up on someone's kelp. I would have dialed you in with bait and even chummed the fish up for you while you limited out.

All you had to do was ask.

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    You're the guy that tried to poach out paddy and got to watch us limit out!

:)

Next time, ASK before you roll up on someone's kelp. I would have dialed you in with bait and even chummed the fish up for you while you limited out.

All you had to do was ask.

Said they guy that lives an incredibly amazing fishing life and who has released more fish than most guys will ever catch in their lifetime.

Class Act Ali....

Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    @kevinnn

I know you have a crush on me, but like I told you when you PM'ed me. I am not interested.
    Hang in there big guy, you'll find a nice man to blow in no time.

Screenshot_20210521-060703_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0