Jr.

Winning!
Feb 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Hatteras
Left dock at 7:00 this morning to go check out the 9....got a triple skipjack hook up on the troll 5 miles west of PL 71.5 degree water on a cedar plug and small jetheads. Just inside the 9 had another nock down at a temp break from 71-73.5. The top of the bank was a desert so we headed north and finished at La Jolla......paddies were either dry or had micro yellows.

And special thanks goes out to the cuddy cabin with the light grey hull who ran 20 yards past my transom at La Jolla doing 25kts just to park right behind the cattle boat AND who decided to "borrow" two of my trolling jigs and 500+ yards of 50lb test please let me know when your done "borrowing" it and if your outboard liked it as much as I hope it did!

Last edited:
Reactions: irukandji

finishright

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
we can only hope it keeps em off the water getting late in season stupid gets stupider ( I know the spelling police will be all over this) how was La Jolla

Jr.

Winning!
Feb 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Hatteras
we can only hope it keeps em off the water getting late in season stupid gets stupider ( I know the spelling police will be all over this) how was La Jolla
No worries report was done on my I-phone.....probably all kinds errors.....La Jolla temp was warm 74 degrees and just more rat yellows for me

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
I feel your pain. Had an idiot out at the 226 turn my live bait lines into chum. Boats name was "Loaner".

arik lerner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 29, 2009
san diego ca usa
Name
arik
Boat
topcat 42 thermadine
don't feel bad I got a double hookup and got spooled on 40pound test 1 mile (East of Pacific beach) on the trees, left the poles up in the rocket launchers with trolling double hooks on the top of the tip of the poles and I do not even smoke anymore that's fried!!!!!

Reactions: Reel hip

Dean

Aug 8, 2003
El Cajon
Visit site
Name
Dean
Boat
2004 2120 Parker 1991 Shallow Sport 1990 Valco 14'
I feel your pain. Had an idiot out at the 226 turn my live bait lines into chum. Boats name was "Loaner".
Loaner did the same thing to us a little inside the 302. Fortunately, we were doing C&R at that point on football YFTs. We were really targeting Marlin, but we couldn't pass up the meter marks we saw in the area and decided to catch some YFT. The fishing was so good that we went through most of our bait and had to make a decision to get back on the troll and leave the fish biting. No Marlin for us but we get to see a boat come in late on the YFT bite that promptly hooked a Marlin on bait and lost it after about 5 minutes. Pretty cool watching that fish go ballistic no more than 50 yards away from our boat.

Oh, by the way, one the best weather days I can recall in a longggggggg time. Wind was supposed to come up in the afternoon, and it never did.

Deano

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
What do these guys think?. Wide open ocean even with boats that close? It amazes me the stupidity or ignorance of these boaters. Even if they just don't "get it", You would think in the back of their mind they are wondering if "i just got their troll jigs" ? Yea.... A*shole you did!!!!! How did you do in the chum line of the sportboat? No difference than the driver with their left turn signal on for 5 minutes turning right into you and looking like where did you come from? !!!!!!!!

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
don't feel bad I got a double hookup and got spooled on 40pound test 1 mile (East of Pacific beach) on the trees, left the poles up in the rocket launchers with trolling double hooks on the top of the tip of the poles and I do not even smoke anymore that's fried!!!!!
Yea my wife did the same thing . Only to my radar arch "doing me a favor getting fuel" cost me $$$$$. from those low trees.