WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
cal star newell.JPG

Want to sell this set-up, 9' Cal Star glass Jig Stick (20-40 lb) w/Newell S332-5. Great condition, less than 10 years old, not very many miles on the reel. Rod butt cap is missing (still stuck in the rod holder of a boat somewhere haha) should be easily replaceable.

$110

Kevin
949-533-5360
[email protected]

Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
I guess I under-priced it. Dude called and bought it within seconds of me pressing "post ad".

If he flakes tonight I'll get back to everyone in the order of your replies and phone calls.

Upvote 0

TEAMFISH

JUST ADD WATER
Aug 17, 2006
TORRANCE
Name
DAVE
Boat
SOLD IT
I guess I under-priced it. Dude called and bought it within seconds of me pressing "post ad".

If he flakes tonight I'll get back to everyone in the order of your replies and phone calls.

Put me in line if it doesn't go through

Upvote 0

angelinasdad

Captain
May 23, 2006
HB
Name
Anthony
Boat
Parker 2320
Yes...the reel alone is worth your asking price. Do you have any more deals like that? Put me first...please.

Reactions: TEAMFISH
Upvote 0

WaterDawg

Jun 28, 2008
Ladera Ranch, CA
Name
Kevin
Boat
17' Whaler
I honestly had forgotten what I paid for this rig and just figured most had moved on to the new smaller reels and lighter composite rods. I appraise commercial real estate for a living but have no idea about the market value of used fishing gear.

A really nice guy named Jim drove all the way from Pasadena and got a great deal - so be it, he was the first respondent and no way I wasn't going to honor the price I offered even though some of you were calling and offering more $$$. The used gear market is alive and well at BD!!

Fish on everyone, good luck!!!

Upvote 0

Fish Asassin

one cast = one kill
May 16, 2012
San Diego / Baja
Name
Fred Garvin
Boat
U.S.S. Mobile (LKA 115)
yes, quality well maintained tackle holds its value very well. More if they are no longer in production. Your original retail investment was probably about $300 to 325.

Upvote 0