Mar 16, 2003
Reno
Visit site
Name
Jason
Boat
2310 Parker
9/9

We left Dana Harbour at around 4AM. Made bait, most of which rolled before we hit the 182.

Stopped on the 182 around sun up. The area looked fishy with 72 degree Temps, and many paddy's holding small bait fish, but no one was home.

Made out way out to the 43, via the corner. 71.5 degrees, lots of empty paddy's. fished our way to to SCI, and stopped approx. 10 miles south, same story, lots of dry paddy's. Fished out way up to the south end from there.

Spent the night on the south end of SCI and repeated the process back to Dana the next day for no fish.

Saw many day paddy's through out both days but none seemed to be holding, atleast for us. No birds working or boils the whole trip.

Back at Dana talked to a DFG guy on the dock and he said the only fish he had heard of being caught that day (BFT 150+) was from some guys that were out on the Tanner Bank.

Well, thays all I have, hopefully this report saves someone some time and effort.

Tight Lines!

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
This fishing obsession really drives me crazy. Never can figure it out. With good water temps this time of the year I would of bet you'd see something out there. That's a hell of a loop you did. At least my last trip I got to see 50lb plus size tuna jumping out of the water and yellowtail and dorado that were right under the boat that I could of almost stabbed with the fillet knife but wouldn't touch anything we put to them. Thanks for the report.

• Haha
Reactions: Zika and Tunahead
Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    9/9

We left Dana Harbour at around 4AM. Made bait, most of which rolled before we hit the 182.

Stopped on the 182 around sun up. The area looked fishy with 72 degree Temps, and many paddy's holding small bait fish, but no one was home.

Made out way out to the 43, via the corner. 71.5 degrees, lots of empty paddy's. fished our way to to SCI, and stopped approx. 10 miles south, same story, lots of dry paddy's. Fished out way up to the south end from there.

Spent the night on the south end of SCI and repeated the process back to Dana the next day for no fish.

Saw many day paddy's through out both days but none seemed to be holding, atleast for us. No birds working or boils the whole trip.

Back at Dana talked to a DFG guy on the dock and he said the only fish he had heard of being caught that day (BFT 150+) was from some guys that were out on the Tanner Bank.

Well, thays all I have, hopefully this report saves someone some time and effort.

Tight Lines!
    SAT4PM blowing 20-25+ at SCI/Tanner.
    Few fish being caught looks like too.

Reactions: Zika
    Upvote 0

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
    Oceanside Ca
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    2320 Parker
    Thanks for the report these are just as important than all of them.
    Seems like they are settling in at tanner god I loved when they were 3 miles off the beach!

Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    9/9

Tight Lines!

Reactions: bjcanweld
    Upvote 0

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
    Mar 14, 2010
    San Clemente
    Name
    Devo
    Boat
    Trophy
    I do many of these same style trips every summer but out of Oceanside because of better parking with results very similar as things change daily don't be to discouraged. I did three of these last summer for zip and one hit and one miss this summer. I have had some of my best days when the Oceanside launch ramp was deserted and I was the only vessel on the water so your odds just went up a notch. It's a long way out there on my 20 foot center consul but it's mid September so am still in for the October Yellowfin Tuna run!
    Thanks for taking the time to post it really helps !!!!!!

Upvote 0