lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
I only have minor details at the moment. I haven't fully debriefed my boat partner Frank. He went out yesterday( I couldn't go, son had hockey tourney) with his buddy Bob. Later in the day he answered my text "How'd you make out?" with this; "It's Big"!

2015090595101016.jpg

They were having a tough day landing YFT. A couple break off and missed gaffs. He said Bob dropped a blue and white jig down deep(200-300'). He felt something but wasn't sure it was a fish until they got it to the surface where Bob got his ass kicked. It took both of them to gaff it and get it on board. I'll post more pics and info as I get it.

Upvote 0

galen

gfunk
Sep 20, 2004
escondido
Name
galen
Boat
15' inflatable "Pirate's Life"
Heard these guys on the radio. First call " Can you keep Opah?" Next call " are they good eating?" Answer yes to both!!!:imdumb:

Reactions: SeaHogDelux
Upvote 0

NGSD1

Dreamer
Jun 6, 2012
Tempe San Diego
Name
Nick
Boat
35 Cabo Express
Tell him congrats and "welcome to the club". The one I caught earlier this year was similar story. Dropping a jig for tuna and up comes an Opah. They are a strange fight and you just cant tell what it is until color.

Upvote 0

bigdust44

looking fo some tail.
Jul 22, 2014
San Diego, CA
Name
Dustin
Boat
let's take yours this time
Heard these guys on the radio. First call " Can you keep Opah?" Next call " are they good eating?" Answer yes to both!!!:imdumb:

We heard this on the radio as well. They weren't far from where we were. Not very far out, I want to say we were only 10 miles off mission bay at the time.

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Awesome! Congrats

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Them lips remind me of taylor swift for some odd reason.:)

Upvote 0

mattydog

Jul 9, 2014
poway,ca
Name
matt welsh
Boat
22'striper
I only have minor details at the moment. I haven't fully debriefed my boat partner Frank. He went out yesterday( I couldn't go, son had hockey tourney) with his buddy Bob. Later in the day he answered my text "How'd you make out?" with this; "It's Big"!

View attachment 621599

They were having a tough day landing YFT. A couple break off and missed gaffs. He said Bob dropped a blue and white jig down deep(200-300'). He felt something but wasn't sure it was a fish until they got it to the surface where Bob got his ass kicked. It took both of them to gaff it and get it on board. I'll post more pics and info as I get it.

Nice catch, the only thing as good as fishing is hockey

Reactions: lougio
Upvote 0