Offshore 9/29 NEW LO-AN 1.5 day

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
I feel for you OP, I’ve been skunked 2 out my last 3 trips, and only 2 small footballs on the one.

Upvote 0

HBtunatime

Popper Man
May 31, 2019
HB
Name
Collin
Boat
12' Cobra Navigator XF; whatever else floats
At least you gave the cows a shot, you went on the trip that I hoped we would do. I went on pacific queen same time and thought with the yellowfin bite dying and mainly skipjack now, that we would head to SCI with the cows people were getting out there. Not us. We chased the yellowfin finding nothing but wide open skipjack and a handful of tiny yellowfin. Definitely bummed but hey that's fishing I guess. I trust the captains decision and know he's doing what he thinks is best for us. I do agree with you about the NLA, they are prob my favorite boat and great crew. Fishy as hell captain so you know if he was having a hard time finding em it just wasn't meant to be that day.

Upvote 0

82SC

Aug 13, 2018
Pasadena
Name
Mark
Boat
Wish
Haha.

Michaels craft foam my daughters had lying around. Got the thickest one to make sure it would float. Tried to make it so it wouldn’t mess with the profile too much. Look at my kite policy thread on this forum too. There seem to be other methods that have worked for others as well.

My effort was a little tongue in cheek. Thought it would be fun to drift one out and see.

Upvote 0

82SC

Aug 13, 2018
Pasadena
Name
Mark
Boat
Wish
Lol. Even these were catching fish.

FC1EAA98-80FE-4AFB-9297-37E44EC66101.png

Upvote 0

the_tunaman

Jun 28, 2017
Norco
Name
Roger Nelson
Boat
Ranger Z20
NLA is a class operation. Big fish or bust... hero or zero, but at least it was on the table. I’d much rather take a long boat ride going for the giants than filling the boat with rat skippies and football yellowfin.

Been there, done that... will definitely do it again as often as possible.

Upvote 0

82SC

Aug 13, 2018
Pasadena
Name
Mark
Boat
Wish
Yeah that is what I told my buds before the trip.

That I’d rather shoot for the moon then catch the schoolies we did last year.

But I think all the hype that happened the day of the trip got me all riled up.

Haha. It was quite a roller coaster ride.

My buds and I have passed thru the grief phase and now we are in the anger phase. We gonna get our revenge on those tuna. Lol.

Upvote 0