Noah & Scoot

Wishin I Was Fishin
Dec 15, 2008
Menifee
Name
Scoot
Boat
18’ CC Baja
Shitshow!! Worst bait of the year. 50% rolled before we got down. Boats stacked on top of one another near pens. Did see some fish caught on sportboats, chum was making the difference. Seals were on them, bad. Radio traffic sounded like this was the only fish around. Very frustrating. Did get 2 bites, broke off one, pulled the bait on the other. Bailed for the islands about 2, try to salvage the day with Rockfish. North of 425 19/22 found some jumpers! Run and gun, the lad managed 3 on the sniper, nobody around!!

9E8091E6-F29B-47BC-9CFF-A03420AD86F5.jpeg

F3AA14AA-391F-46F1-B28D-D387B5B817AE.jpeg

Exodus

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 20, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Jason
Boat
Damon's 26' Shamrock..."Solito"
WTG, glad you ended up getting a few...thanks for posting your report!

Reactions: Noah & Scoot

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
The pens are a shit show no doubt. Excellent work and I hope things change quickly.

Reactions: Noah & Scoot

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
Thanks for an actual offshore fishing report and a pretty timely report too.

Are you sure you don't want to post a pic of a girl holding a fish? 🤪

From how silent it has been here on the offshore reports section lately, you'd think you had the whole 425 to yourself.

We've been trying to figure out what is going on with the bait lately. Been so shitty recently, that we are starting to think the 2 bait tanks we have might not hold as much as we thought.

For the last 2 or 3 trips on the 20' cc, half have died on the way out, a quarter of them are lethargic (half ways dead) and the last quarter were ok. We are almost destined to fail with only a quarter scoop to chum up the YFT. With all the dead dines, we have plenty of chunk but the YFT are not seeming to respond to chunk as well as last year.

I admit the seas were snotty on all 3 trips, but we really took it slow on the way out the last trip with same results. I knew we were fuct when my guys at the barge literally scraped the bottom of the net to give us the last pass.

Glad you picked up a tripple man!!

Hoping to make a run south this Saturday. Conditions are already looking less than spectacular. Good job!!

Rod69

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 4, 2016
San diego
Name
Roddey Blunt
Boat
Parker 23 DVCC
I was west of the 425 to the 371 water looked cleaner out west no fish for us. 1 kelp held a solitary yellow that wouldn't bite the rest were dry. Heard you put out your dope on the radio. Shows you're a good human. My bait btw was good scoop held all day no problems lost one or two. Maybe I had a different box.

Noah & Scoot

Wishin I Was Fishin
Dec 15, 2008
Menifee
Name
Scoot
Boat
18’ CC Baja
Water was a little greener inside there, fish we found were flying up and out west! Third fish was the biggest, wrapped the troller I left out-duh. By the time we got that cleaned up, never found them again!!
I was thinking are bait was so bad, why we Only had couple bites!! First time are bait rolled like that.

Reactions: Tuna Dreamer

oniedab

Fishing is there anything else?
Jul 17, 2009
visalia/ca/Tulare
Name
mike hagans
Boat
28ft Grady White Sailfish
On your bait situation, try this. Once you get your bait, move out of harms' way at the bait dock and let your bait settle in your bait tank for 15 minutes or so. Do not go out slow, just sit their.
Some one posted that you should do this a few years back. The reason was that your bait when it is scooped out of their quite tank are having heart attaches and never have a chance to settle their blood pressure back to normal. So, by sitting their for 15 minutes it allows them to get their blood pressure back to normal, they get to swimming in their little circle and life is good.
Now, when the person posted this, they got the normal BD hatters and he just stated, keep having you bait die and bitch!
So, since then I have tried this and guess what! He was 100% correct! Their was one time I forgot to do this in my excitement of wanting to get to the hot spot and my bait rolled.
My tank holds 4 scopes of bait and I have no problems with my bait rolling.
So, try it next time and wait the full 15 minutes and see if it helps.

Robert c. Sample

Feb 11, 2019
Snowflake arizona
Name
Robert sample
Boat
Reel rage
On your bait situation, try this. Once you get your bait, move out of harms' way at the bait dock and let your bait settle in your bait tank for 15 minutes or so. Do not go out slow, just sit their.
Some one posted that you should do this a few years back. The reason was that your bait when it is scooped out of their quite tank are having heart attaches and never have a chance to settle their blood pressure back to normal. So, by sitting their for 15 minutes it allows them to get their blood pressure back to normal, they get to swimming in their little circle and life is good.
Now, when the person posted this, they got the normal BD hatters and he just stated, keep having you bait die and bitch!
So, since then I have tried this and guess what! He was 100% correct! Their was one time I forgot to do this in my excitement of wanting to get to the hot spot and my bait rolled.
My tank holds 4 scopes of bait and I have no problems with my bait rolling.
So, try it next time and wait the full 15 minutes and see if it helps.

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
san diego
Name
jason
Boat
Fish Taco
Waiting fifteen minutes to go fishing when the sun is coming sounds like hell. But throwing a dead ass sardine out when it's going off is worse. I'll take that into consideration. Maybe 1-2 knotts going out for 15 minutes will give same result?

Cole418

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 18, 2019
Encinitas
Name
Cole
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
Right on man. We were out the same day and had the exact same outcome as you... we were opposite. Had our triple hookup on foamers as our first stop, right around 20/28... all on snipers as well.

made our day... just wish they didn’t sink out after we got the 3 on deck!

pens sucked....the seal lions are infuriating. We only gave it an hour or so and after getting sealed once said eff it.