Jr.

Winning!
Feb 14, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Hatteras
Took dad fishing and he caught this thing on the troll 20 miles west of La Jolla with a small purple rapala (Hoo numbers are N32 49.4, W117 35.0).....fish almost chewed through the 80lb mono. Finished up the day fishing La Jolla kelp and putting 7 different species total on the boat Saturday! wahoo, yellowfin, skippy, yellowtail, calico, barracuda and bonita (all released but wahoo and yft). We were really lucky the "hoo" didn't chew through the line. Weighed the Hoo at the Marlin Club Saturday evening 31.2 lbs. Great day on the water with some great friends......definitely a once in a lifetime day catching a Wahoo in U.S water's on my own boat!

Tight lines!

Team Reel Busy!

image.jpg

Last edited:
P

Paddyman1

Took dad fishing and he caught this thing on the troll with a small purple rapala (screen pic of gps shows location and numbers).....fish almost chewed through the 80lb mono. Finished up the day fishing La Jolla kelp and putting 7 different species total on the boat Saturday! wahoo, yellowfin, skippy, yellowtail, calico, barracuda and bonita (all released but wahoo and yft). We were really lucky the "hoo" didn't chew through the line. Weighed the Hoo at the Marlin Club Saturday evening 31.2 lbs. Great day on the water with some great friends......definitely a once in a lifetime day catching a Wahoo in U.S water's on my own boat!

Tight lines!

Team Reel Busy
Congrats! Try loading those pics again because we're all frothing!!!

H2ORodeo

Apr 24, 2008
Norco
Name
Dan Evans
Boat
21' Angler H2O Rodeo
Dude what an epic day! I still cant believe we put a Wahoo on your boat. Still waiting for my chunk of it brother.

Reactions: Jr.

Tuna Vic

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2010
Whittier California
Name
Victor
Boat
18ftC/CWellcraft Calico Time II
That's one cool surprise there! Not to mention the great eats,enjoy!

REELCLOSE

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Diego
Name
Ron
Boat
25' Reinell
A memory trip for sure! Very cool....

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
That's awesome, congrats

errock_22

It wont happen if you don’t go
Apr 6, 2008
Ventura / SB
Name
Eric B.
Boat
F/V El Tiburon - 25’ Custom Anderson
What a flurry of wahoo!! Guess what everyone is going to be doing this weekend! LOL

Great catch!

NATIVE

Deeper and Faster
Apr 2, 2008
Earth
Name
'Smitty'
Boat
BaseCamp Parker 2520
Took dad fishing and he caught this thing on the troll 20 miles west of La Jolla with a small purple rapala (Hoo numbers are N32 49.4, W117 35.0).....fish almost chewed through the 80lb mono. Finished up the day fishing La Jolla kelp and putting 7 different species total on the boat Saturday! wahoo, yellowfin, skippy, yellowtail, calico, barracuda and bonita (all released but wahoo and yft). We were really lucky the "hoo" didn't chew through the line. Weighed the Hoo at the Marlin Club Saturday evening 31.2 lbs. Great day on the water with some great friends......definitely a once in a lifetime day catching a Wahoo in U.S water's on my own boat!

Tight lines!

Team Reel Busy!

View attachment 625419

It is definitely Hoo season with all these awesome reports!