fishincrazy

100 Ton
Jun 21, 2005
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
25' Mako "Get Hooked"
Fished with my son today. Had a blast. Found the fleet with some seiners working an area 03 over 21.

water temp 69 - 70
Color Blue

in the mix with the fleet we had one knock down slow trolling but lost it several cranks in. Worked the area with everyone else but didn’t get anything going. Decided to move outside of the fleet to the north. Saw some fishing boiling on the surface. Shut the engines down and started to chum. Within 5 mins we were hooked up fly lining sardines. Within another minute we had a second on. YFT. We worked this area for a good three hours. We had others join us as people started to see we had found another school that wanted to play. With just me and my son on the boat we lost a few and got a few. Threw a couple back towards the end.

A live swimming dine was the ticket with a steady chum. Managed to get two Dados in the mix as well. One decent size.

Gotta love fall fishing in So Cal.

tight lines boys

D174B7B7-E7F1-49A2-9C75-6ED90D6B31EA.jpeg

31565235-E247-4BAD-8261-4EA2C6293F66.jpeg

F5B00345-486C-4B9E-8C40-65FC608217D8.jpeg

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report,info, pics. NICE FISH! What a load of good eats! You son looks STOKED. Seeing Pic=He might do better with a
    shorter rod though? LOL
    Time spent with son fishing=Priceless!

Reactions: fishincrazy
    Upvote 0

Tifoso

Chinook,halibut,lings,bottom fish,WSB&More!
  • Jul 25, 2016
    norCal (central valley)
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Lou
    Boat
    🚤
    Fished with my son today. Had a blast. Found the fleet with some seiners working an area 03 over 21.

water temp 69 - 70
    Color Blue

in the mix with the fleet we had one knock down slow trolling but lost it several cranks in. Worked the area with everyone else but didn’t get anything going. Decided to move outside of the fleet to the north. Saw some fishing boiling on the surface. Shut the engines down and started to chum. Within 5 mins we were hooked up fly lining sardines. Within another minute we had a second on. YFT. We worked this area for a good three hours. We had others join us as people started to see we had found another school that wanted to play. With just me and my son on the boat we lost a few and got a few. Threw a couple back towards the end.

A live swimming dine was the ticket with a steady chum. Managed to get two Dados in the mix as well. One decent size.

tight lines boys

View attachment 1319971

View attachment 1319972

View attachment 1319973
    Awesome work: as a dad and as a fisherman. :)

Reactions: fishincrazy
    Upvote 0

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    Let's go boys!! Let's get @fishincrazy some Afto swag... betting it trickles down to his son. My vote is in. Make it happen gents.

PS... I dont personally (or virtually) know fishincrazy. Just a dad that would like to see another fishing dad win a goody bag for a great report.

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

Jordan

Part-time Angler | Full-time Kook
    Admin
    Oct 18, 2017
    Encinitas
    seastheslay.com
    Name
    Jordan Jennings
    Boat
    Everglades 325cc
    Rad write up & love to see the stoke on your boy's face! The future of fishing is bright (as is the lit up Dodo).

As mentioned above - you're in the mix for this week's Post of the Week - good luck! https://www.bdoutdoors.com/post-of-the-week/

Upvote 0

fishincrazy

100 Ton
    Jun 21, 2005
    San Diego
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    25' Mako "Get Hooked"
    Let's go boys!! Let's get @fishincrazy some Afto swag... betting it trickles down to his son. My vote is in. Make it happen gents.

PS... I dont personally (or virtually) know fishincrazy. Just a dad that would like to see another fishing dad win a goody bag for a great report.

Thanks brother...I always try my best to give reports that can help fellow BDer's out. I have gotten so much from this site over the years including great friends...Just passing down a passion that was given to me by my grandfather. I am blessed to have a boat and be able to take my son on the water and if we are lucky catch some fish.

Reactions: SaltH20Angler
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several

water temp 69 - 70
    Color Blue

tight lines boys

View attachment 1319971

View attachment 1319972

View attachment 1319973
    I voted for him. PS it's DODO's=Dorado LOL

Reactions: SaltH20Angler
    Upvote 0

RyanErb

Love to fish!
  • Aug 7, 2012
    All over the 805
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    OnTheWater
    Awesome! great job finding your own fish and making it happen.
    Small question, when you say chum were you throwing cut chunks of bait, or were you throwing 'live' bait? If so, what was your bait capacity on the boat?

Upvote 0