9-13 Dove Shoot

Discussion in 'Waterfowl and Upland Hunting' started by BillyFun, Sep 15, 2013.

1. BillyFun

BillyFun Newbie

Name:
    Bill Dunn
    Boat:
    N/A
    My first time California dove hunting in about 20 years. A high school friend and I went to Calexico on some private property. Plans changed and we had to leave, but we hunted surrounding grain fields and feed pens. Previous storms left a lot of standing water and mud in the area. Thousands of shotgun shells on the ground showed these fields had been productive around opening day. Slim picking. saw few birds, mostly on posted private property. Collared doves mostly around occupied houses where they were safe. I came home with 14 mixed birds. All the dumb ones were gone.

Grilled all 14 last night for my wife, mother-in-law and me. Pinned jalapeno slices on a dab of cream cheese on the sides and wrapped everything in bacon. Add some asparagus, corn and Corona, not bad.

2. OutKasting

OutKasting Member

Name:
    Michael
    Boat:
    none
    Too bad people don't pick up their shells, there would be a lot less land posted.

Nice job though!

3. BillyFun

BillyFun Newbie

Name:
    Bill Dunn
    Boat:
    N/A
    I'm glad I missed the crowd and all the associated crazies. If dove hunters didn't bring all the money it does to these small agricultural areas, everything would be posted no trespassing and no hunting. I make it a point to pick up my spent shells and trash. Spent shells tear up farm equipment.

4. Carl

Carl Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    everyone elses
    Bingo...
    I left my shells wherever they fell when I first started hunting. I now pick the hulls up before going to retrieve my birds if I'm in a field.

5. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    Its what I'm teaching my kids when we go out. Leave it cleaner than we got there....

6. fishybiz

fishybiz Newbie

Name:
    Derek
    Boat:
    None
    People need one of these. I use this in the field and it picks up 6-10 shells easily.

[​IMG]