dapooltec

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 30, 2007
Desert Hot Springs
Name
Jay Schultz
Boat
The Aluminator Striper Pacific Harvester
Made the run down and fished the trench area for 4 dorado. Got called on a report of albacore at 43 over 43. went there and got 6 all over 30 lbs models. made the run back and ran out of fuel a half mile from the ramp. thanks sea tow. what a long day Am just about home . will hopefully post a video of the carnage soon.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cf3yg_hr0sk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xU8jMPlxO5s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Last edited:

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Sorry Jay.
Run out of fuel is a NO! NO!

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers
Made the run down and fished the trench area for 4 dorado. Got called on a report of albacore at 43 over 43. went there and got 6 all over 30 lbs models. made the run back and ran out of fuel a half mile from the ramp. thanks sea tow. what a long day Am just about home . will hopefully post a video of the carnage soon.
Hey Jay, good job on the bigger Albies at 43/43. Were they radio fish? Was it at kelp or open school? We did well in that area at one paddy last Friday.

Regarding fuel, My 2005 26' has a Volvo 210/4 cyl diesel that gets 2+. What size is your tank and which what year is your engine?

Look forward to seeing the video, thanks.

ash

Chief Inspiration Officer
Aug 28, 2007
North San Diego County
Name
Ash
Boat
Still looking
Great report! Heading out his weekend and I wouldnt mind a few chickens, my pressure cooker is needs some action.

Tues

Not my job...
Mar 17, 2008
Saluki
Name
Penis
If you havent ran out of fuel once...you havent fished long enough. :D

Nice! Was just talking about a road trip too. Thanks for the push...

Deno

NO SHENANIGANS....
Jun 23, 2006
EL CAJON.
Name
DENO
Boat
23 CC SEA PRO "BITE THIS"
NICE!!!! Going in the AM thinking of doing the same run....

Foss

Senior Fossil
Dec 16, 2003
Bay Park
www.jackinnis.com
Name
Jack
Boat
Not My Ride
my pressure cooker is needs some action.
Just used mine the other day, but it was to make cactus apple jelly.
I gotta get out there, soon as work allows!

sneeb

May 26, 2008
bird rock
Name
sneeb
Boat
10' raft
Nice job. At least you weren't too far out when running outta fuel. Was thinking of making same run tonight/tomorrow morning-ish. Did you guys use sardines? Read somwhere the fish down south are eating the dines unlike the fish off oside, etc...How was the weather, wind, waves, etc? Good job once again...

seasnake

Jun 20, 2005
Murrieta
Name
jason
Boat
23 Parker “JVSEAS”
Good work! That's a long haul in your striper....then another long haul back to the desert! You the man!
I just moved from la Quinta to Murrieta.....mainly to eliminate that drive back to the desert.

drseiler

Super-Model
Mar 19, 2006
Camp North-Star
Name
Hal Danish or Harry Tators
Boat
19' Mako
Sweet. post the video. Congrats on the chikcens.

dapooltec

Jul 30, 2007
Desert Hot Springs
Name
Jay Schultz
Boat
The Aluminator Striper Pacific Harvester
Hey Jay, good job on the bigger Albies at 43/43. Were they radio fish? Was it at kelp or open school? We did well in that area at one paddy last Friday.

Regarding fuel, My 2005 26' has a Volvo 210/4 cyl diesel that gets 2+. What size is your tank and which what year is your engine?

Hay Bill yes we got called into the area on the radio. We got our first jig stop a couple miles outside the numbers open school. There were 2 boats on a kelp paddy by the numbers. Trolled a 1/4 mile outside them and got our second jig stop. My tank size is 64 gallons, the engine is a 2005 1.7 DTI POS Cummins/Mercruiser 120 HP. we had 190 miles on the odometer when we ran out of fuel. Note to self, when you bring extra fuel put in in before you run it out. Also need to keep a wrench to loosen the injector lines to bleed air out.

Did you guys use sardines? Read somwhere the fish down south are eating the dines unlike the fish off oside, etc...How was the weather, wind, waves, etc? Good job once again...
Yeah we had deans and got 2 on live bait. Weather was a little up on the way in but not too bad.

ben88888

Jul 7, 2005
Temecula, CA
Name
Benny
Boat
2008 Defiance 250EX "Sea Monkey"
Jay, quick question--how come you logged 195 miles? I thought the 1010 is 65 miles fr the point. Did you run down to the d220? Trying to gauge our trip for tomorrow. Don't want to run out of fuel.

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Thats a fuel efficient sled you have their, now you know what your range is. Congrats on making the trip worth while (tow in and all). After running out of fuel once I bought and installed a Flow scan, makes running out of fuel idiot proof.

Goijo

Jul 29, 2005
San Diego
Name
Gary
Boat
21' Grady White "Get Bent"
WTG ... Nice trip for the chickens! I liked your imitation of the chicken going crazy!!! LOL Did the guy in the green jacket Really tell you to gaff your own fish because he was "fishing"?!!! Wow - That would be the last time he was on My boat!!!!

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Your video was way too tool cool, and lots of fun, however not too cool is your buddy refusing to help with a gaff, so next time when his fish is ready to gaff hand it to him and see how he reacts? Good job guys, and been there and done that on the fuel. Boat fuel gages mostly suck anyhow.

Fish Lounge

Sep 15, 2003
San Diego
Name
Bo
Boat
23' Sea Fox WA Fish Lounge
The whole time I watch the vid I kept thinking two things. Someones going to slip on their ass and that bait net is going to end up in the water. Neither happened. Well Done on the fish.