9/11/2001

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by ?? fisherman, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ?? fisherman

?? fisherman super Captain

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Kencraft CC
    To all my BD fishing brothers n sisters (and that includes those I don't always see eye to eye with)....be safe, have fun, enjoy life, and cherish your kids, friends and family, and remember......

Screenshot_2019-09-10-21-47-38-1.png Screenshot_2019-09-10-22-08-06-1.png Screenshot_2019-09-10-22-08-50-1.png
    This crazy life is never guaranteed to any of us, and can end in the blink of an eye.

We must NEVER FORGET!

The unknown fisherman:p:

2. michael e. bingham

michael e. bingham Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Pura Vida
    Boat:
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    It seems like yesterday I can't believe its been 18 years , God Bless all those involved in this tradgery and prayers too those who continue to suffer

SouthBayKiller and sush1allday like this.
  3. Wandering Blues

Wandering Blues I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Curtis
    Boat:
    A Pair of Simms G3 Waders
    I remember I was just finishing up a graveyard shift and walked into patrol briefing. The TV was on, which was unusual. One of the buildings was burning as the newsman described an airplane hitting it.

There was the usual speculation and gallows humor from the guys (it’s how cops deal with the shit they see). Then we watched as the 2nd plane stuck. I’ve never seen that room so quiet. The looks of confusion. The recognition that it was an attack. Then the watch commander recalled all us graveyard guys and got everyone in the building out on patrol. There were still a few inbound planes to LAX, ONT, and others, and I wondered if they had been weaponized.

That day fundamentally changed this nation in ways that still reverberate today. RIP to those who perished, and peace to those who have a hole in their lives from those losses.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  4. Arima-bob

Arima-bob Ship faced aquaholic

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    I was working at ONT that night/day. I was just fishing up with my shift and noticing jets that had just departed coming back in. Confused, I get a radio call from my supervisor telling me to finish what I was doing and come back to the office. We spent the next four hours in disbelief, not knowing what was going to happen next. Sad day for sure, but I do remember that since I didn’t have work that night, a couple of my airport buddies came by and we got smashed

5. DPevin

DPevin Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Evin
    Boat:
    kayak
    It was my first week of high school. Woke up to get ready and my mom had the news on as always. Just standing there when I walked into the room. The first plane had already hit and people were speculating on if it was an accident. Watched that second plane hit and knew right away it was no accident.

School was pretty surreal that day, TVs on in every class and we didn't get that much done. Crazy to hear how many people at school knew someone or had a relative that worked at the towers or close by.

I'm 33 now, time flies.

bayfisher86 likes this.
  6. Blackfish

Blackfish Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Name:
    Rotus
    Boat:
    50' Hatteras and 24' cuddy
    Just came down to get ready for work. My wife was making breakfast and I turned on the news. The first plane had already hit. I was like "holy shit, that's not good. how in the hell does a plane hit that building'"

I stood there watching the story and listening to the commentators speculate, as the second plane hit. As I watched in shock and when the first tower fell, I got a little choked up as I imagined at the time, that the buildings were full of occupants and I had just watched ten thousand plus people die.

After a few hours, I left for work....in a daze. I remember talking with my neighbor as she brought in her trash cans, and some golfers who were tee'ing off on the 9th whole to the golf course my neighborhood is built around.

[​IMG]

Silver Bullet I likes this.
  7. BluefinCurly

BluefinCurly Skipper

Name:
    Carl
    Boat:
    Vagabond, The Last Minute
    Identical circumstances for me, and millions of others I am sure.

As much as progressive history want to soften and white wash the event, I for one will never forget who was responsible and why they attacked an unarmed civilian population in a pure act of cowardice.

RIP to all the souls lost in this tragedy.

Blackfish, M5bandit and Tunacious like this.
  8. MATTANZA

MATTANZA old man of the sea, in training.

Name:
    RICK
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler 25' Outrage "MATTANZA II", 34' Radovcich "AMY ANNE" {when it needs to be fixed}
    "some people did something" …. FUCK YOU! never forget what really happened, and all the innocent people lost. god bless them all.

9. OnoEric

OnoEric Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Grady White 208
    Along those lines... “airplanes took aim...” No, New York Times, airplanes do not have the ability to take aim. The effing terrorists flying them took aim at buildings with unarmed, innocent people. Quit trying to cover up what happened.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/11/new-y...-saying-airplanes-took-aim-at-towers-on-9-11/

MATTANZA and Blackfish like this.
  10. got2fishsd

got2fishsd Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    Maritime 20d
    One of the true hero’s that is never talked about. Worked for the subway system in NYC. He stopped all the subways coming into the bottom floor of the twin towers that day. As his boss was up his ass he knew it was the right thing to do!

I still remember it like it was yesterday. I was on a fire in Yosemite. We had been getting our asses kicked for a few days. 9/11/01 we felt like we were going to turn the corner and make some progress. Around 10:00 ALL aircraft was immediately grounded, something I have never seen done. We ended up all trying to listen to AM radio to figure out what was going on.

Never forget! 343

11. SD2600

SD2600 Member

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    26' sea swirl
  12. Silver Bullet I

Silver Bullet I I Need A Clue

Name:
    Rob
    Boat: