ben88888

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 7, 2005
Temecula, CA
Name
Benny
Boat
2008 Defiance 250EX "Sea Monkey"
Third week in a row went catching instead of fishing--all you want epic WFO aquarium fishing. One paddy, 3 plus hours stop--burned through a scoop and half of bait:

You know fishing is good when you are more concentrated on photo bombing your bro's pic instead of working on your fish:

Great weather with a little bit of rain:

Report:
Got a scoop and a half of chovies from SD bait barge. Cleared point at 5:45am and shot down south:

371-Empty kelps with the exception of 1 lone bull dodo.

Upper hidden- kelps loaded with a whole mess of mini YTs. Here is the biggest one of the bunch:

Hidden: Magic paddy found!! 3 plus hour stop. Dodo as usual were super thick. What worked for us--live bait on no.1, 2/0 and 3/0 on floro, mono and straight spectra. The fish didn't give a crap and devoured anything that wiggled. Shimano Orca, colt sniper and flat fall. The coltsniper was deadly in getting pass the Dodos down to the tuna. The orca caught the big Bulls. Tons of Dodos released to fight another day.

Overall another epic day. Great catching trip with good friend and family with awesome weather. Still plenty of fish out there. Go get some!!!

Last edited:

jim isbell

Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
Third week in a row went catching instead of fishing--all you want epic WFO aquarium fishing. One paddy, 3 plus hours stop--burned through a scoop and half of bait:

You know fishing is good when you are more concentrated on photo bombing your bro's pic instead of working on your fish:

Great weather with a little bit of rain:

Report:
Got a scoop and a half of chovies from SD bait barge. Cleared point at 5:45pm and shot down south:

371-Empty kelps with the exception of 1 lone bull dodo.

Upper hidden- kelps loaded with a whole mess of mini YTs. Here is the biggest one of the bunch:

Hidden: Magic paddy found!! 3 plus hour stop. Dodo as usual are super thick. What worked for us--live bait on no.1, 2/0 and 3/0 on floro, mono and straight spectra. They fish didn't give a crap and devoured anything that wiggled. Shimano Orca, colt sniper and flat fall. The coltsniper was deadly in getting pass the Dodos down to the tuna. The orca caught the big Bulls.

Overall another epic day. Great catching trip with old friend and family with awesome weather. Still plenty of fish out there. Go get some!!!
"South"---to Mexico or still in US waters?

Reactions: ben88888

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Holy cow, that looks exactly like our last trip only a little different. Congrats. Lucky the last one didn't pull you in...

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Hell yeah!!! Thats a solid day of fishing for sure! Nicely done!:D

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Nothing like a magic paddy to make your day! Don't lose that silver spoon. Congrats.

daniel7

Jun 28, 2008
Oceanside/Ca/USA
Name
Daniel Christman
Boat
n/a
Try casting out a half ounce blue and silver kastmaster on trout gear on those little tails, what a blast! Nice job on the dodos!

fv1500

Fishn' Frank
Jul 6, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Frank
Boat
n/a
Way to slay the fish! I like the little YT sandwiched in between the Do Do's for the Hatrick. Gotta have the Hamichi to go with the Mahi and Ahi.

fv1500

Fishn' Frank
Jul 6, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Frank
Boat
n/a

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
Dorado on the iron, well done.

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
WOW what a trip! Weather looks tits! Way to go!