89 and counting...

Discussion in 'Southern California Inshore & Islands Fish Reports' started by dalurker, May 11, 2019.

1. dalurker

dalurker old skool rules

Name:
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat:
    my blood vessel
    Yep, that was us... we prolly looked like a bunch o' refugees tryin' ta bust out!

Joda likes this.
  2. dalurker

dalurker old skool rules

Name:
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat:
    my blood vessel

3. dalurker

dalurker old skool rules

Name:
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat:
    my blood vessel
    can't seem to hyperlink the audio ~ you'll have to google 976's audio 69167
    sneaky bastids won't allow a hyperlink!

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  4. bajapaddyhopper

bajapaddyhopper Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Sherm
    Boat:
    INDEPENDENCE
    So you saw all those 90 passengers boarding and you didn't turn around and get a refund? Expecting a fun relaxing day fishing on top of someone's shoulders? Haha...

5. Txfisher96

Txfisher96 Newbie

Name:
    Ashton
    Boat:
    14' Heritage Angler
    Rough stuff, just one more example that not all sportfishers are created equal

dalurker likes this.
  6. Joda

Joda Member

Name:
    Jonathan c
    Boat:
    one day
    I saw you guys again on the way back in the afternoon, we were just fishing the breaker wall for calicos. Looks like lots of pissed off looking guys lol.

dalurker likes this.
  7. Ulua_93h

Ulua_93h Member

Name:
    Unknown
    Boat:
    Unfortunately
    I don’t miss that at all. Nothing like running the boat one day and catching and the next day having 90 people and 52 skiffs anchored up where they bit!

8. Donkey Nick

Donkey Nick Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Nick Shamrock
    Boat:
    Shamrock 246 Walkaround
    Thanks brother for the report. I grew up on the sporties and I love the rush of fishing with a good bunch of peeps...BUT...this report is exactly why I bought my only little rig 3 years ago. I’ve never looked back, but I wave at all my old buddies out there all the time!

90 is a friggin joke.

dalurker likes this.
  9. cheddar_22

cheddar_22 Newbie

Name:
    chad
    Boat:
    None
    Honestly you when fishing on a Friday on a sport boat. You chose to fish the exact sport boat that has been putting up the number so there for you were chasing a fish count and didn’t expect the other half of the internet to be right behind you. One you saw how many passengers where boarding you knew what you were getting your self into. Yet you stayed. You allowed your self into that situation to then complain about the trip and slander a business who is trying to make money while the season is young and there is money to be made. The boat didn’t sell out because the captain sucks and hasn’t been catching shit. So now hate on the guy for being good at his job and filling the boat and then having to try and make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Next time your chasing fish counts know what’s ahead of you and try a different boat. Iv worked thos trips with 90 passengers and it’s not fun for anyone involved crew included but that’s what coastguard will allow on the boat and that’s money for a business. Try limited load charters or skiff fishing instead of hopping on a website and trying to ruin someone’s lively hood.

10. Long Beach Bob

Long Beach Bob Member

Name:
    Bob Ballew
    Boat:
    2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
    Well, how were the cheeseburgers?..that is the key to catching fish...postscript: Until now, I was at stage 7 of boat ownership, which is where you don't care if the fish are in, you just want to sell the boat and get rid of all the upkeep and expense hassles of ownership...Thanks to your post, I am now back to stage 5...:(

Goleta_Slim likes this.
  11. Ulua_93h

Ulua_93h Member

Name:
    Unknown
    Boat:
    Unfortunately
    Those damn sport boat captains twisting everyone’s arm at the top of the ramp to pack the boats full to not catch anything! They get such a large incentive to do that and make so much more money with all of those happy people on the boat. ‍♂️

Run with 90... Call it greed... Run with 10-15 and it’s a loss. Can’t keep everyone happy.

12. dalurker

dalurker old skool rules

Name:
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat:
    my blood vessel
    Whuuuaaaa? Where the fux was i slandering the business and hating the guy for doing his job? i was upset with myself for opting to fly w/90 passengers and amused that the boat that i remembered as the "Happyman" could possibly fly with 90 people!

if you only knew my history in the fishing industry... but, you're entitled to your interpretation of this post... whatever...

Sar_Dean, mhanson59hb, mcrae and 4 others like this.
  13. Chrishb7

Chrishb7 Newbie

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    2320 Robalo
    90 is way too many but that captain can fish! We fished the NS Monday or Tuesday and were the only boat at that spot and were on fish.

14. cheddar_22

cheddar_22 Newbie

Name:
    chad
    Boat:
    None
    Anyone with a true history in the industry wouldn’t fish on a sportboat with 90 passengers let alone chase fish counts. And then go as far as feeling the need to cry on social media about something there up set about them selfs over and put the blame on a sportboat Captain who works his ass off.

WellFairFisher and Hookdown like this.
  15. kevina

kevina I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    kev
    Boat:
    25' aqua sport
    Sport boats have no problem charging Extra $$$$ for a limited load (when the actually take like 5 people less than a regular trip). Why don't they Charge less when it's overbooked and give a discount.??? 90 plus people on any boat would be a cluster fuck, I don't care what size the boat is. The boat doesn't care if they catch fish with that many passengers, Their sucking up the revenue in tickets and the galley must be making a fortune.. I don't expect you to reply to this, because your taking the boats side and nothing will change your opinion. Your probably one of those dead heads that ride for free and fishes for the jack pot for the crew. P.S If you don't already know the landing will always say there is less reservations than they actually have (unless you need to put a deposit on the trip). So people get on the phone and tell their friends, There is X amount of people signed up, Lets go, it's going to be a light load, In this case their was 17 people signed up the DAY BEFORE a weekday trip. Your going to tell me 60 PLUS passengers JUST showed up in the morning before the trip. I don't think so, Better yet "I know not" It's the same principal as "bait and switch" It's not the first time 22nd landing has done this and guarantee you it won't be the last.

mhanson59hb and the SLIDER like this.
  16. HighWildFree

HighWildFree Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Erik
    Boat:
    Moooo!
    That sucks, 89 people is crazy. Not even fun. Went out Saturday on the Sportking with 40 and that was a mad house. Smaller boat though. Didn’t help that a group of 20 was comprised of borderline retards. And no disrespect to actual mentally retarded people.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Sar_Dean likes this.
  17. One_Leg

One_Leg Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic

Name:
    Alan
    Boat:
    1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
    Liberals fish?

18. Omarkayak

Omarkayak Member

Name:
    Bills
    Boat:
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    They do! Although I've turned my card back in.

90 peeps. What a load! :smash:

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK

19. dalurker

dalurker old skool rules

Name:
    #%^&) !!!
    Boat:
    my blood vessel
    Don't judge my actions when you don't know my reasons...

once again, i'm not blaming Jeff or the landing AT ALL!
    Hmmm:
    there, their, they're
    them selfs, themselves

why am i arguing this? must be the same reason i jumped a boat with 90 people?
    we're done here...
    :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

20. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Stefan
    Boat:
    Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
    It's a business trying to make money!
    The NS could limit the load to 45 and double the boarding ticket price and double the cost of food in the galley, what would happen on social media?

Hookdown and cheddar_22 like this.