For Sale 86 Cabo Cuddycon 216

MikaScott

Jun 26, 2020
Oregon City
Name
Mika Scott
Boat
Cabo Cuddycon 216
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddycon for sale – Asking $18,500 OBO.

My Aunt’s husband passed away in early 2017, and we’re finally getting around to selling the boat. Much loved by her late husband, he took exquisite care of “his baby” – the Cuddycon! It was last used on Fresh water on the Columbia River Gorge in 2015, and last used on salt water in Baja, CA in 2010. The motor, a 2002 Honda Marine BF225A 4Stroke engine, has less than 100 hours on it. Sadly it was not able to be used as much as he would have liked. Still have all the paperwork on the engine and all the other bells and whistles to go along with it. Clean and garaged – this baby will bring you much joy. Have all the paperwork to go with:
  • 2002 Honda Marine BF225A 4Stroke engine
  • Apelco / Raytheon DXL6600 SEE Navigator
  • 2 Cannon Sport-Troll Down Riggers
  • Raytheon V700 Depth finder
  • Horizon Intrepid GX1260S Submersible VHF Radio with one-button DSC (sends Lat & long & vessel ID)
26-Jul-2020 Update: Boat's motor has been serviced and tested, is in outstanding working condition, batteries have been replaced and boat has been river tested. The hoses and fittings leading to the holding tanks were weathered & cracked... needed to be replaced; those hoses and fittings are being replaced at this time. Boat will be water tested again in the Willamette river and will then be RIVER ready & OCEAN ready to be sold! Will let everyone know when it's ready to go. My Aunt has put a couple thousand into the boat getting it up to speed... price will likely be firm at this point - particularly since the motor is in such great shape!

20-Jul-2020 Update: Boat has been serviced by a professional Marina (Sportcraft), motor is in GREAT working condition, replaced both batteries (will have all the gory details with the ocean ready update), they are taking it out on the water so they can validate it's river / ocean ready. I will update with results as soon as I have them.

9-Jul-2020: Update: Boat is still in shop awaiting service, they are swamped with it being summer & all. Standby for updates as I get them, will post here.

Please arrange an appt thru me to see the boat. I am screening all potential buyers for my Aunt. More photos to come. This is a must see good deal. Has everything the avid fisherman could ever want and more. Must see video below... we are taking the boat to Marine dealer this week to have the motor serviced & verified.

Posting trailer update about lights & ride...

IMG_7713-large.jpg

IMG_7937-large.jpg

IMG_7934-large.jpg

IMG_7719-large.jpg

IMG_7729-large.jpg

IMG_7938-large.jpg

IMG_7721-large.jpg

IMG_7744-P-large.jpg

IMG_7726-large.jpg

IMG_7916-large.jpg

IMG_7928-large.jpg

IMG_7930-large.jpg

Last edited:

Norcalfish80

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 24, 2011
California
Name
Austin
Boat
Boston Whaler Montauk
If I hadn’t bought a boat a year ago I’d be on my way north. Hell of a deal. So clean.

Reactions: MikaScott

MikaScott

Jun 26, 2020
Oregon City
Name
Mika Scott
Boat
Cabo Cuddycon 216
UPDATE: OK, so I've had overwhelming interest in this boat and here's what's going to happen:
1. Local chap coming over tomorrow for a showing
2. If he doesn't want to buy the boat then the following will happen
- Pretty sure I have a LE officer who wants to buy the boat for asking or very close to asking & he's ready to drive up here as soon as I let him know whether interested party #1 will buy boat. I will be contacting him first. If he does not buy it I will work my way down the list of interested parties in order of their contact to me, ALOT!
3. I will be providing updated photos & a detailed video on dropbox you can download. I plan on videoing all aspects of the boat including the interior cabin.
4. Finally I plan on re-incarnating as the Cabo Cuddycon because who knew how desirable they'd be! 😅😂🤣

MikaScott

Jun 26, 2020
Oregon City
Name
Mika Scott
Boat
Cabo Cuddycon 216
Oh, one more thing & thank you TONS for the gentleman who reminded me.... the BOAT will not be started by you, unless you can provide references that you know EXACTLY how to do the following:
  • Remove the Spark Plugs & Oil The Cylinders, Replace Plugs if Needed
  • Check the Condition of the Gear Lube.
  • Disconnect the Fuel Line From the Boat & Check the Condition of the Fuel.
  • Connect a Separate Fuel Tank with Brand New Fuel.
  • Check the Oil Level or Fill the Oil Injection Tank.
  • Connect To a Fully Charged Battery.
  • Start and Run the Engine on a Garden Hose.
Ref: https://www.bornagainboating.com/outboards-that-have-been-sitting/

MikaScott

Jun 26, 2020
Oregon City
Name
Mika Scott
Boat
Cabo Cuddycon 216
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Taking boat to Marine dealer this week to have motor serviced and verified by a professional!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tsuribakagaijin

MulegeMx

Apr 13, 2020
Murrieta, CA
Name
jorge de la cruz
Boat
1971 Glastron Swinger V176 Trihull
What does the last update mean? the boat will be sold without a mechanic verifying the mechanical condition of the boat?

Carpfisher

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer
Jul 3, 2012
Carpinteria
Name
Paul
Boat
226 Cabo Cuddycon, 16' Bayrunner
BF 225 weighs a lot. I repowered my 226. It came stock w Mercury 175. Stock weight 460 if I remember. Had an E Tec 250 long shaft and jack plate (42 lbs) Yamaha 300 weighs another 120, but still had to add an Armstrong bracket to keep her ass up. Which, by the way, due to corrosion and no anode badly needed replacing anyway. Would like to see pics of this boat in the water.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
No start is like buying a pig in a poke GLWS

Tailout

Sep 7, 2015
Sonoma County
Name
MD Kelly
Boat
Fish-Rite
So I read that the reason Cabo went out of business is some of this model boat was prone to sinking. Water coming over the transom and swamping the boat. Also shorting out the batteries. Thick hand laid fiberglass. I guess the fix was moving the batteries, and raising the transom. The fuel system will have to be serviced, as well as the long sitting motor

Reactions: SovietBear

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor

Reactions: SovietBear

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Geez,you would think this guy would at least let you put a battery in it and see if cranks over for a quick compression test.How hard could that be ?

Hustler

He's On Again!?!
May 31, 2003
Poway redneck
www.wedigscripps.com
Name
Ron
Boat
23' Maritime Patriot
  • Sad
Reactions: tsuribakagaijin

watersdeep

Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Disussed with AUNT & This is a BARN FIND there will be NO WORKING ON ENGINE!!!!
Mika, this went south so quick. People need to know the boat will run or at the very least turn over for the price you guys are asking. Tell the aunt. Otherwise lower the price to about 7g. GLWS.....

Last edited: