flickfish

Almost A Member
Dec 8, 2015
San Francisco
Name
Nic
Boat Name
Sea Wolf
I was on this trip. These pictures don’t do it justice. There was a couple of times the AA was so close I was honestly worried my wahoo bomb would hit it, or grab one of their troll lines. The Supreme was trolling with us the day prior and never pulled this bullshit. This wasn’t a one off - it was hours of cutting us off or coming so close off our stern the deckhands were worried they’d run over our troll lines.

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica from San Diego
Name
Brad
Boat Name
Yamaha FX SHO
Because he didn't need too. As you know. Wasn't desperate. Frank and Roy training with their numbers. Few can last

FB_IMG_1670262662933.jpg

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2022
Atascadero
Name
Dan Mansir
I have been riding the RP for many years with Roy Rose as captain. In my opinion, the AA captian knew Roy wasn't Skipper due to the funeral service of his 1st wife Joanne. This is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th + time the AA has trailed too close to the Alpha Boat. Call it what want but it's a big ocean....find your own fish. Attached is a photo of Big D, Eddie "Bomb" and Derin Kochis detaching the AA's rod and reel after getting too close to our hooked kite fish. 5+ years ago. And magically it keeps happening.

20160428_214845.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

norcaltunaclub

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat Name
Royal Polaris
I have been riding the RP for many years with Roy Rose as captain. In my opinion, the AA captian knew Roy wasn't Skipper due to the funeral service of his 1st wife Joanne. This is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th + time the AA has trailed too close to the Alpha Boat. Call it what want but it's a big ocean....find your own fish. Attached is a photo of Big D, Eddie "Bomb" and Derin Kochis detaching the AA's rod and reel after getting too close to our hooked kite fish. 5+ years ago. And magically it keeps happening.

View attachment 1446887

Because he didn't need too. As you know. Wasn't desperate. Frank and Roy training with their numbers. Few can last

View attachment 1446886
Bingo! and that meme sums it up.......

Reactions: ZZZZZ
Upvote 0

norcaltunaclub

Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat Name
Royal Polaris

View attachment 1446887
Oh and I remember the note that Deron wrote as well........call it what you want, but it's a pattern.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
There will be no resolution here, no satisfaction. I should think that if there’s anything more to come of this, it will be up to the captains. Let it go…

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat Name
17' Gregor

View attachment 1446887
So it looks like the AA has a back-up rod attached to the rod and buoy, and you want the AA to dictate where their fish is going to go?

Yes, it's a big ocean and the Rocks is a tiny portion of the ocean where fish congregate and you want other boats to stay clear of you just because you got there first? You want a spot..........anchor up.

This shit happens all the time with all the boats. Why bring it up?

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
So it looks like the AA has a back-up rod attached to the rod and buoy, and you want the AA to dictate where their fish is going to go?

Yes, it's a big ocean and the Rocks is a tiny portion of the ocean where fish congregate and you want other boats to stay clear of you just because you got there first? You want a spot..........anchor up.

yep it was tough fishing there at the time , and the A A only caught 15 Hoo while the
were there , and out there is only one ALPHA spot.

Upvote 0

norcaltunaclub

Mar 18, 2011
SoCal
Name
Doug
Boat Name
Royal Polaris

I can answer this......I've ridden the RP a lot over the years and only one boat in my own personal experiences has repeated what was outlined in the quoted thread. When the buoy picture was taken, we were fishing all by ourselves and AA came rolling up and dropped anchor in our starboard side chum line. They were so close I could have casted a wahoo jig into their bow. Roy asked them to move and respect the distance rule since they were too close to us and they ignored his request. Shortly thereafter they hooked a fish in our chum line and this was the result. Because this happens with this same operation time and time again is exactly why it was brought up. Plus I have never seen this type of behavior or have seen spectra wrap around the front of the wheelhouse from another angler standing on the bow of another LR vessel. I've been LR fishing for 25+ years and never seen this from any other operation. Just my two cents.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pescador Paul

Jun 11, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Name
Paul
Boat Name
Sold the Pursuit- Only a kayak and Wave Runner now
I think the AA was just trying to get close enough to say, "You'll love fishing on the American Angler."

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
Tight knit code boats picking on the same wolf pack of Wahoo far from home, one was just in a better position this time
my friend was on the A A , and he showed this thread to A couple of other guys on
his Trip, and they say Johnaton and Ray worked together for years and are good friends, so they said this is all BULLSHIT .

Upvote 0

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
Cali
Name
alby
Boat Name
None
my friend was on the A A , and he showed this thread to A couple of other guys on
his Trip, and they say Johnaton and Ray worked together for years and are good friends, so they said this is all BULLSHIT .
Gee..what a shock!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.