Squibob

ECV
Oct 22, 2014
The grove (Chula Vista)
Name
Squibob 1853
Boat
Parker 2110 "ENAMORADA"
No such thing on the East Coast. Nice thing they eat the trolled lures ... bad thing no way to buy scoops or bait.

Their bait is either really large (Menhaden, Google Eyes, Mackerel) or Really Small (Sand Eels, Spearing)

Fished outta Oregon inlet for awhile ..everyday I thought to myself, all they need is bait tanks and bow rails !

Reactions: Northeastfshman
Upvote 0

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    Fished outta Oregon inlet for awhile ..everyday I thought to myself, all they need is bait tanks and bow rails !

Yup .. After moving here from back East I would fish lighter now. I'd love to have one of our bait tanks to cast net peanut bunker to take that out to the Canyon and see what would happen.

That being said it is nice to be able to get them just trolling or chunking vs. kites, and live bait and all that stuff.

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup
    One guy that fished with us was upset that "we didn't get to use live bait like we do in westport!" The mate explained that CCA got nets outlawed and unfortunately, that included the bait boats. Only cast nets allowed. Kind of tough to do from a sport fisher in the ocean! But I did learn how to rig ballyhoo. I am going to try it with saury as I think it will have the same effect on our trolled fish out here. Got some witches and going to give it a go.

If you fish on a charter back there, you don't buy a license. You are fishing on the boat's license. The captain reports the catches. That makes so much sense because so many of our one days license catch records are never returned. And, they count against the sports quota as there is a "per license estimate". The captain knows his species, and he knows how to report his catch!

Reactions: LeeMajors
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Some rough water for those boys and girls. I’d have been on the bow throwing a jig 😂😂😂

Reactions: liltrouble
    Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
    ShillCreek, WA USA
    Name
    Shari
    Boat
    Mr. Buttercup
    It was some of the guides out with their wives fishing (and one daughter!). The gaffer dolphin have shown up too.

This is kind of a fun slomo dolphin vid. Not sure if the link will work.

1588278175808.png

Reactions: GregE and Corey G
    Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    Looks delicious!