Name
Charles
Boat
Royal Polaris
I been look at a 8 Day on the Famous RP , but need some help trying
to Find their Stateroom Lay Out, any help form
the Guys that have Fished on her in the Past would be Great
thanks.
I recommend that you give the office a call and ask for Monica. First, see what staterooms are available for the trip or trips you are looking at and ask her to tell you about the location and layout of those staterooms that are still available. Then, go from there.

While BD is a great source of information, keep in mind that there are many LR fisherman, like me, who love fishing the Royal Polaris. The RP (like many other boats in the LR fleet) has a loyal following. Many guys have fished the boat for years and keep coming back for more. I was just on the RP in November on a trip to Isla Guadalupe and did not experience any of the problems expressed in this thread. I'm not questioning anyone's credibility, I'm just saying that I've had nothing but positive experiences on the RP. In fact, I'm trying to book another trip, but just about every trip is SOLD OUT, at least the ones I'm interested in. To each his own. Good Luck. I hope it works out for you. Charles, New York, NY.

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
Feb 20, 2010
Long Beach Ca.
Name
Jeff Bruner
Boat
14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
I recommend that you give the office a call and ask for Monica. First, see what staterooms are available for the trip or trips you are looking at and ask her to tell you about the location and layout of those staterooms that are still available. Then, go from there.

While BD is a great source of information, keep in mind that there are many LR fisherman, like me, who love fishing the Royal Polaris. The RP (like many other boats in the LR fleet) has a loyal following. Many guys have fished the boat for years and keep coming back for more. I was just on the RP in November on a trip to Isla Guadalupe and did not experience any of the problems expressed in this thread. I'm not questioning anyone's credibility, I'm just saying that I've had nothing but positive experiences on the RP. In fact, I'm trying to book another trip, but just about every trip is SOLD OUT, at least the ones I'm interested in. To each his own. Good Luck. I hope it works out for you. Charles, New York, NY.
Just about to throw out my always impartial opinion when Charles said it for me.

norcaltunaclub

www.octunaclub.com
Mar 18, 2011
Orange County
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
I been looking at a 8 Day on the Famous RP , but need some help trying
to Find their Stateroom Lay Out, any help form
the Guys that have Fished on her in the Past would be Great
thanks.
Gerry - If you're fortunate enough to secure any stateroom in the galley as a single occupant, that's awesome since they're all good. #2 runs very cold.

#11, 19 & 20 are 3 man bunk rooms. #5 & #6 are very spacious and roomy. #7 & #8 have wide bunks and their owns private heads. #9 - Galley Crew Room, #13 & #14 have open spaces under the bunks, #17 & #18 have double wide bunks with private heads, under bunk storage and a nice large dresser to store clothes and gear. I personally prefer #2, #15, #16 or #18 if they're available.

If the stern head begins to get funky, just notify a crew member and they will resolve the issue immediately. The RP is kept very clean and tidy and the crew is top notch and very fun to be around. Enjoy.

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
What is missing in this opening shot is....besides the one tackle box with the front PARTIALLY opened all the way down......

1. people sitting/lounging on the sitting area when you want to get into your tackle box/retrieve your rod.

2. You sitting/lounging on the sitting area when someone else wants to get into their tackle box/retrieve their rod.

I, too, rode this boat ONCE based on its "famous" reputation.

norcaltunaclub

www.octunaclub.com
Mar 18, 2011
Orange County
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
What is missing in this opening shot is....besides the one tackle box with the front PARTIALLY opened all the way down......

1. people sitting/lounging on the sitting area when you want to get into your tackle box/retrieve your rod.

2. You sitting/lounging on the sitting area when someone else wants to get into their tackle box/retrieve their rod.

I, too, rode this boat ONCE based on its "famous" reputation.

In my experience, when folks are lounging around and sitting on the bench seats aboard the RP is when we're travelling or lifting the anchor to make a quick move.

When the boat is fishing, I have never witnessed both sides of the bench seats full that prevented anyone from accessing their tackle boxes.

Reactions: Illkeepfishing

wils

lazy-ass well known "member"
May 31, 2003
not a spoiled bitch from san diego
Name
bill
Boat
I hate boats
In my experience, when folks are lounging around and sitting on the bench seats aboard the RP is when we're travelling or lifting the anchor to make a quick move.

When the boat is fishing, I have never witnessed both sides of the bench seats full that prevented anyone from accessing their tackle boxes.
I try to do all my re-rigging and rigging for the next stop while the boat is traveling. not after we get there. but thats just me and what I like to do. Its not a "total prevention" issue; its a "limited access when needed" issue. Thats why theres more than one boat layout in the fleet?

norcaltunaclub

www.octunaclub.com
Mar 18, 2011
Orange County
Name
Doug
Boat
Royal Polaris
I try to do all my re-rigging and rigging for the next stop while the boat is traveling. not after we get there. but thats just me and what I like to do. Its not a "total prevention" issue; its a "limited access when needed" issue. Thats why theres more than one boat layout in the fleet?
Totally understood. Much like fishordie and wahoodad...If it's an option, I prefer to put all of my boxes on the upper deck and away from the mayhem. It's even better if you have your own stateroom, because the spare bunk becomes your tackle shelf, storage, booze locker and dirty hamper!

Last edited:

Riccochet

Jun 10, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Richard
Boat
N/A
Gerry - If you're fortunate enough to secure any stateroom in the galley as a single occupant, that's awesome since they're all good. #2 runs very cold.

#11, 19 & 20 are 3 man bunk rooms. #5 & #6 are very spacious and roomy. #7 & #8 have wide bunks and their owns private heads. #9 - Galley Crew Room, #13 & #14 have open spaces under the bunks, #17 & #18 have double wide bunks with private heads, under bunk storage and a nice large dresser to store clothes and gear. I personally prefer #2, #15, #16 or #18 if they're available.

If the stern head begins to get funky, just notify a crew member and they will resolve the issue immediately. The RP is kept very clean and tidy and the crew is top notch and very fun to be around. Enjoy.
Great info here, thanks. I just jumped on a spot that opened up on the Charbait 6 day the end of Sept. Called Monica this morning to see what staterooms were available and secured #16.