Grant Kimball

Don’t read this.
Jun 9, 2019
Vista
Name
Grant
Boat
China Cat Sunflower
Headed out a bit late (9:30). Took a couple hours to get to the 209, passing a few small paddies on the way with delusions of granduer for when we finally arrive. Was windy and choppy... Got to the 209.. no paddies anywhere. Drove around for a few hours, trolled some raps, nothing. Headed back and stopped at a few paddies. Nothing. Water temp at 209 was around 70, go to about 72 closer (few miles) to the harbor. Anways, there's my first of many skunk reports me thinks :)

Upvote 0

Fin75

May 22, 2020
Oceanside
Name
Paul Finlan
Boat
Bayliner element F21 center console
Did that same route just a little more towards the 312-181 and a little earlier found numerous patties only 1 had 2 Dorado not biting, sent in a diver they moved out before he could get a shot..conditions after 11 were not so good stuck it out a few more hours. With same results, nice big patties with no one home. A couple marks here and there but nothing. trolled with cedar plug and halco same nothing. Live bait,chum chunk bait, colt snipers, butterflys,and a couple other lures on the patties. All in all nice day with some buddies and got to test new fish finder Garmin 93sv

Upvote 0

castone001

Jun 3, 2013
Murrieta
Name
Chris Stone
Boat
Dos Viejos
I am pretty sure you aren't alone in the Skunk world this year in US waters. I did this trip couple weeks back. Lots of trolling, no paddies, no fish........sure was great to be on the water though!
52 miles round trip.

1597101139798.png

Upvote 0