8/31 new loan

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by spongehead, Sep 1, 2017.

1. spongehead

spongehead "ONE FISH AT A TIME"

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Maria
    Marcus adam matt pretty boy marcus jr and jared what an excellent crew and trip epic bft about 10 over 100lb biggest prob 140ish. 23 total. I got skunked farmed 3. but awesome to see my friend pull in his pb 110 after 2hr fight on 60lb. Torium 30 at first then marcus had enough and spliced to the boats tld 20 2speed. Sinker rig with torpedo around 8am. We flatfalled them from 3am till 8 no bites even with deep marks. What worked most fish caught on talica 12 2 speed 60lb fluoro flylined appropriate rod with 2/0 to 5/0 circle hooks. Sinker rig got 3 bites in am but only 1 stuck. All dines. Very healthy 6 to 8" great bait. Grande on wed had horible bait but still got them. We just hit the big boys on a 7hr straight drift plunker bite. At least 1 on all day. Saw sone skiffs trolling thru our fish marcus yelled please stop and drift he doesnt mind other boats drifting with him. Those who do troll/kite thru theres a lot of spectra thats gonna jack ur prop and ruin ur day. Have fun get ready for a long battle. Lotsa pain heartaches and great joy...

20170831_085002_HDR.jpg

2. Pgnracr

Pgnracr Member

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    Line up
    Very cool!!!

3. soulwinner

soulwinner jeremiah 9:23,24

Name:
    john
    Boat:
    cobra
    thanks for the report any idea why/ how you farmed your fish? its good to hear the fish are not too line shy

4. spongehead

spongehead "ONE FISH AT A TIME"

Name:
    David
    Boat:
    Maria
    Oh 65lb izor to 30lb mono and 35lb bw fluoro to 1/0 ringed owner j hook on a trini 20. Pulled hook 2x after 1hr long fight. Couldnt get a bite on my heavier rigs had to drop down to get a bite. Sucked but at least i know i can handle the big boys on light gear (never close to being spooled). My 3rd fish on 50lb and mak 10 broke immediatly after bite i figured i was wrapped up previously with someone else that nicked my line further up on spool (50lb mono snapped clean not connections). Lotsa tangles i guess u gotta check all ur line that was out. Oh 1st pulled hook was on me (had to pressure the fish due to owner j hook grinding a hole) 2nd one was due to tangles.

negitoro likes this.
  5. Randy V

Randy V Slamma Jamma

Name:
    Randy
    Boat:
    30' Kona Star
    Damn sine maguro sashimi right there son!

They do have refridge water storage I hope?